MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
26 days...
For those participating, I'm having breakfast at the Waffle House, 325 W Spring St, New Albany. This is very close to I64 and gas(Valero, 327 W 5th, New Albany, 1 block West of WH). I'm also driving down Friday, 6-3, and staying at either the Holiday Inn Express or the Hampton Inn, both < 1 block from WH.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've decided to stay at the Hampton Inn, Friday and Saturday nights. I'll be arriving later Friday afternoon, 6-3, probably ~6:30PM.

23 days 'til Friday, 6-3...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's been brought to my attention that there is an event going on in the area...the Blue River Paddle Fest. This is taking place Northwest of Corydon/North of I64. It shouldn't impact us as far as the driving goes, but finding overnight lodging might be problematic. IF "you" are coming to the meet and planning on staying overnight, it would probably be a good idea to get a room reserved.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
22 days...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
20 days...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
DrakeW did a test drive for me/us on some roads at what is now the new 1st part of the drive. We'll be driving South from the Waffle House on IN111 to Doolittle Hill Rd, then DHR to IN11, South to IN337, then North to Corydon. Only 1 longish straight section, but lots of nice twisties!

Thank you DW!!!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is anyone here in, or familiar with, the Owensboro KY area? If there is, are you familiar with KY1389 or 2181, from Hawesville to Owensboro? If "you" could, please PM me with your thoughts on these 2 roads...they look terrific on Google Maps. Thanks!

Oh yah, 15 days...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ok, more food thoughts. Since Mexican restaurants/food seem to be a norm for Spyder meets, I've "found" a few highly rated locations in New Albany, <1 mile from the Waffle House/Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn area. I'm leaning toward "Israel's Delicias" on E Spring, IF we are indeed interested in going that food direction. This could be a Friday or Saturday evening meal.
Again, food for thoughts :unsure:;);)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts