MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone with a 3d printer make a gauge cluster "hood" but have a rectangle in the space to place my 7" "Hondash" screen (instrument cluster)?
Output device Netbook Wood Rectangle Computer

Rim Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Titanium

·
Registered
Yellow 2002 Spyder
131 Posts
It's doable, but that's a BIG and expensive part to print. If I were you, I'd print plugs for the circular holes and then cut a new hole out with a Dremel or similar tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would be better off fiberglassing over the original cluster and cutting out the hole for your display. This would take a considerable amount of time to design and print, so you're probably not going to find any volunteers unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
If you're dead set on getting this printed I would use shapeways. It will be expensive but you will get a perfect print. A gauge cluster on hobbyist will take over a day to print assuming there are no errors.

·
Registered
Yellow 2002 Spyder
131 Posts
If you're dead set on getting this printed I would use shapeways. It will be expensive but you will get a perfect print. A gauge cluster on hobbyist will take over a day to print assuming there are no errors.
Some of us have professional 3d printer access ;)

Reactions: scotched

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was ignorant to how expensive and large this part would be.
The screen in the middle storage compartment doesn't work for me, I want it in the cluster locate.
The round screen isn't a bad idea I'd it would format the screen weird or cut off information.

I'm probably going to do the suggestion with the fiberglass.
Thank you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts