MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not seen too much of this. Wonder who made them and how is the quality?
Thx

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah I bought a used one off yz007. I wrecked the car, but my cf hood is in tact and will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i like the VIS v-line hood, i painted mine because i wanted my whole car black, but in my opinion looks superior to the stock CF hood. Now the spyderdan gt 300 hood....mmmmmm its the cream of the crop imo.

rburton

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
i like the VIS v-line hood, i painted mine because i wanted my whole car black, but in my opinion looks superior to the stock CF hood. Now the spyderdan gt 300 hood....mmmmmm its the cream of the crop imo.

rburton
I also had the V-line on my spyder plus the v-line engine lid. It had vents & fit very well with little adjustment. I always recommend running hood latches because the original ones don't work well with carbon hoods because of the low weight & low structural integrity.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I also had the V-line on my spyder plus the v-line engine lid. It had vents & fit very well with little adjustment. I always recommend running hood latches because the original ones don't work well with carbon hoods because of the low weight & low structural integrity.
Which reminds me, I need to install my hood pins in my VIS V-Line hood before visiting WSIR. I bet I would lose my hood somewhere in turn 9 using just the latch. Now... if only I can figure out a reliable way to measure where to start drilling... B)

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
SDSU, install the pins where you want them, then mark the tops with a yellow grease marker. Put the hood down and press slightly with your hands near where the pins touch the hood. It'll transfer the yellow to the hood and let you know where to drill.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
SDSU, install the pins where you want them, then mark the tops with a yellow grease marker. Put the hood down and press slightly with your hands near where the pins touch the hood. It'll transfer the yellow to the hood and let you know where to drill.
What kind of store sells a grease marker? Is this an auto-specific tool?

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Which reminds me, I need to install my hood pins in my VIS V-Line hood before visiting WSIR. I bet I would lose my hood somewhere in turn 9 using just the latch. Now... if only I can figure out a reliable way to measure where to start drilling... B)

Did you get aero catches? I have aero catches on my FD on the hood & trunk. They work much better than pins and they are flush.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
not to burst your bubble but thats appears to be a stock "style" carbon fiber hood.

the rest of us are talking about this one

before purchasing it i had planned on painting it, i didnt like the contrast of Carbon and black compared to how carbon looks against red or white!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
That painted V-Line is very nice. It looks like it could have came that way from the factory.

I did get around to installing hoodpins before WSIR. At speeds over 100mph the hood doesn't even so much as twitch. Very pleased with the stability of everything. I chose Sparco pins because I have used them before, they are inexpensive, simple, and they work. Most of all, they are relatively easy to install. I tell you what though, the V-Line hood is WELL reinforced.

Button Willow, reaching speeds of over 100 mph.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I got a Seibon OEM hood to replace my crushed stock hood. Also got some Aerocatch pins to put on it, although i doubt it will happen right away. But the body shop is still waiting on some parts from Toyota before they even get to putting the hood on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
not to burst your bubble but thats appears to be a stock "style" carbon fiber hood.

the rest of us are talking about this one

before purchasing it i had planned on painting it, i didnt like the contrast of Carbon and black compared to how carbon looks against red or white!
]
That's beauty.. I have come to a final decision

1 - 19 of 19 Posts