MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have been struggling with tuning my 2zz with the power fc via fc edit. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their map with me. I have specifically been struggling in my attempts to get the engine to idle well. it is very inconstant. My 2zz is fairly modest it has mwr stage 2 cams and a ported head upgraded springs. as well as ppe exhaust with a 2.5 inch collector, pulleys and a lightweight flywheel.

It has been hard finding resources online since a lot of spyder owners have moved toward more modern management solutions such as AEM. Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
ED

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently still weighing my options for a wideband. Until then I wont be tuning for power. I have been focusing on idle tuning in the <2000 rpm range ive managed to get the cammed motor idling around 1300,but still have to pedal occasionally to keep it running when recovering from decelerative revs.

Im interested to hear what others are running for timing in the ign map and idle speed on their cammed motors. as well as fuel cutoff speeds. im currently set to 1800/1900.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can probably help quite a bit. But, you NEED a wide band. You're literally playing with fire without one. That said you should be able to get to stochiometric just based on the narrow band O2. With cams you probably need to raise the overrun fuel resume setting by a couple hundred RPM. That will keep it from stalling. HOWEVER if your base map is FUBAR then the AFR is going to be all screwed up when it returns to idle from any kind of load. The ECU will get you back close to 14:1 AFR but it can take a few cycles depending on your settings. Long enough to stall the engine. I know because I have a MAF that heat soaks and I didn't realize at first and turned based on the heat soaked idle MAF. So, it would stall since the target injection ms was wrong when returning to closed loop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts