870 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i also saw a yellow spyder stage2 trd/sportivo kit near bell st maccas

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Originally posted by RALYRT
hi guys im from australia currenlty owner 2 mr2 1 yellow and 1 orange and im from syd
cheers

did u say yellow :mrgreen:
welcome dude...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by RALYRT
hi guys im from australia currenlty owner 2 mr2 1 yellow and 1 orange and im from syd
cheers
Welcome aboard matey from a yellow Spyder owner in Bondi.

java script:emoticon('8)')

G

·
0 Posts
I'm an Aussie too, out at Maroubra Beach. Apart from Toymods, is there any other Aus MR2 forums around?!

And how's the situation with the license plate holders on our cars guys? Have any of you taken off the front plate holder? There are 2 massive round holes and 2 small holes where they have screwed straight into the bumper. DAMN BASTARDS!!!!!! I can't believe Toyota Australia would be so stupid as to damage the front bumper like that. I wanted to kill someone when I took it off for the first time the other day.

Looking for a sollution. May get a sticker made up of the plate and just stick it over the 4 holes in my front bar. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
do what i did.....

G

·
0 Posts
What get a whole bodykit just to fix the front plate?!?!?! LOL! OK!

Where did you get your kit from Dave? Perth?

G

·
0 Posts
www.carmate.com.au?!

I thought their kits fitted VERY badly?! Your fit seems so damn good! Must have been super hard work to get a copy kit from them to fit so nice?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by justinfox
Apart from Toymods, is there any other Aus MR2 forums around?!

And how's the situation with the license plate holders on our cars guys? <<>>! I can't believe Toyota Australia would be so stupid as to damage the front bumper like that. I wanted to kill someone when I took it off for the first time the other day.

Looking for a sollution. May get a sticker made up of the plate and just stick it over the 4 holes in my front bar. Any suggestions?
Well, hi mate. there's an Oz MR2 group http://www.mr2club.com.au/ with forums: don't know what they're like. I prefer spyderchat.

My MR2 has similar holes. As for Toyota Australia, I put it down to the same brilliant thinking that has them only importing the SMT.

I didn't know about www.carmate and would be v interested to know if they do worthy work too.

G

·
0 Posts
Cool, and PS: DAVE! Your quote on the TRD Stage one kit (Sportivo kit as it's known here in Aus) for $1k painted and fitted doesn't make sense as I have been quoted over $2k from Toyota for the kit not painted or fitted! See here:

http://www.pacifictoyota.com.au/p_acc_mr2.htm

Can you please tell me how to get the kit so cheap?! I'm getting desperate now lol!
Thanks in advance mate.

·
Registered
191 Posts
ha ha 1k 4 da kit u wish i paid 500 4 the front lip wen i broke my
prices are
500 front lip
500 rear lip
285 side skirts
rear spolier 350
no `100% sure but i no im close
but if u can get them 1k i want 1
are sure its not fibreglass 4 1k
cheers

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
got mine through carmate.com....
didn't have any problems with them or the fitting, plus i made it fit

thats the beauty of f/glass over plastic, much easier to work and fit...

·
Registered
7 Posts
melbourner here... no spyder yet, still looking for one... preferably black or red... with the tiptronic etc...

great site going on here... im usually a ford fanatic, but i wanted something that handles better than a boat... so now im after an mr2

peace

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by velocity
i wanted something that handles better than a boat... so now im after an mr2
haven't been watching this thread but G'day!:: but a '2' is way better than any YACHT/Ford/Barge IMHO. Just be sure you don't want to have the access of a fully manual tranny. The SMT is it's own particularly character: prob not for those who love full control.

I'm in Sydney and have an '03 SMT (yellow - for visibility around SUVs and cement trucks!!)

If you didn't know: Toyota has announced it's plan to discontinue the Spyder so be careful with your purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by tamajamma+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tamajamma)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-velocity
i wanted something that handles better than a boat... so now im after an mr2
haven't been watching this thread but G'day!:: but a '2' is way better than any YACHT/Ford/Barge IMHO. Just be sure you don't want to have the access of a fully manual tranny. The SMT is it's own particularly character: prob not for those who love full control.

I'm in Sydney and have an '03 SMT (yellow - for visibility around SUVs and cement trucks!!)

If you didn't know: Toyota has announced it's plan to discontinue the Spyder so be careful with your purchase.[/b]
yeah thats no problem. me and my business partner are thinking of buying matching spyders, but it seems hard to find any 03+ spyders of decent quality (used) in melbourne

·
Registered
58 Posts
Melbourne here

just picked one up two weeks ago

white yr 2000

very happy man

·
Registered
191 Posts
welcome to the club
you will learn alot bout you car on this site
if u dont mind me asking how much did you pay 4 it

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah welcome ajos. a great time to have a 'new' convertible. just leave the top down thing until after 5 in this heat.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
what area are you melbourne guys at???
im in east doncaster....

21 - 40 of 1309 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
92 Participants
PortMacOnline
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing