1241 - 1260 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243
Would I be kidding myself to try and run 15x7.5 et30? not so much worried about rear but front. My fender is alittle wider then stock!

Will fit no problems.. I have 17x7.5 et32 fronts and 17x8.5 et32 rears :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Awesome, thanks. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to pick them up
Going for a new look

·
Registered
384 Posts
well tried on a set of 15 x 7 et30 and if I go 7.5 will fit but when I hit a bump will crack my guards so I'll keep looking

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,246
well tried on a set of 15 x 7 et30 and if I go 7.5 will fit but when I hit a bump will crack my guards so I'll keep looking
What profile tyre? Bigger than stock?

·
Registered
384 Posts
What profile tyre? Bigger than stock?
195/50, might of fit if I had stock guards to roll them but can't chance it with fibreglass.

Oh well found something else so just waiting on wheel shop to see if we can buy staggered otherwise going 16inch all Round!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Im running 205/40 r17 on the front and have had no issue ever of the front wheel hitting the bumper or wheel liner

·
Registered
384 Posts
Im running 205/40 r17 on the front and have had no issue ever of the front wheel hitting the bumper or wheel liner
Not worried about tyre or rim size, just looking at rim depth and offset!
But working out in the end as I'm buy some brand newy's where I'm choosing offset!

·
Registered
501 Posts
They are 17×7.5 with either 38 or 42 offset can quite remember

·
Registered
588 Posts
The wheels def should have fit, did you try any camber?
195 is skinny too so should have been tons of room.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I did ask Joel about the camber but he said fronts are fixed and rears would have been fine. He said would have been ok if I had stock guards and rolled them.
But just brought some brand new rims.
Front 15 x 7 et+38 rear 16x8 et+35 will have them by Friday arvo

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have -0.75° camber on both front wheels, perhaps thats is why mine fit snuggly?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,254
Your front guards must be a lot narrower?
Camber is fixed on fronts?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Your front guards must be a lot narrower?
Camber is fixed on fronts?
funny enough my guards are meant to be slightly wider then stock.
i meant maxed stupid autocorret, cant go any more camber Joel said unless i get custom setup something along those lines, Joel knows more about the wheels then me, i leave all those decisions up to him! ive only just learnt about how they do the offset lol
and i really don't want to change my setup cause tyres are lasting longer lol

the 15 x 7 et30 were sitting out from the guards so 7.5 would still be sitting out. they may have been ok but
i didnt want to travel all the way to Canberra for these wheels and pay for them and then realize that they might of not fit.
so got even better and joel bought me new rims.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Getting a new set of tyres put on the Spyder tomorrow, guess I'll take it to cruise on Sunday and give them a workout.

Getting a set of these https://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au/potenza-adrenalin-re003
ive got re002 on my car and do they grip and heaps better for the wet roads. since getting them i havent had any tyre squilling when going round a corner to fast or taking off while turning lol.
now with new wheels ive had to settle for ROTALLAs which werent to bad before until they wear out and afford re002 again

·
Registered
501 Posts
Re002 are a excellent tyre a massive improvement in the wet over the old re001 design, i remember having a few scary moments in the wet with the old re001. Kuhmo ku36 are even better that re002 but only last 5000 odd km

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here they are, very happy with my choice.

1241 - 1260 of 1310 Posts