1281 - 1300 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
They really go with the blue.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I use photobucket to upload mine then copy the link they provide.

I just cut and paste the link instead. The link

·
Registered
270 Posts
I generally use imgur.com, but same thing as what AussieSpyder said.

Just bought some 30mm lowered Kings Springs (oh this takes me back to when I had Kings Springs on my Lancer Coupe - that was about 15 years ago now!), centre caps for the wheels, new stickers for the wheels and a set of blue lock nuts.

Next on the list would be intake and full exhaust from Monkey Wrench Racing, but that won't be for a few months now. Hopefully the Aussie dollar will keep climbing in the meantime.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just joined the forum. Pulling a Spyder out of hibernation after 14 years sitting in a warehouse! It's a 2002 with only 8000Kms on the clock. As new condition, still smells new. I'll submit a new thread to document the progress...

Located in Melbourne. Currently dealing with 14 yo fuel :-/

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just joined the forum. Pulling a Spyder out of hibernation after 14 years sitting in a warehouse! It's a 2002 with only 8000Kms on the clock. As new condition, still smells new. I'll submit a new thread to document the progress...

Located in Melbourne. Currently dealing with 14 yo fuel :-/

Cheers

Rob
Wow, 14 years poor spyder, hope you can give it the life it deserves. Lol were they trying to do the keep in box mint collectable item lol

Hope all gets sorted with the fuel for you to start enjoy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ha, thanks AussieSpyder. Nup, I reckon they somehow got the car here then realised, because it's a 2002 MRS, they couldn't register it. Parallel import laws. So they just left it in storage. I have some other ideas about how to register this thing... Not doing anything illegal!

·
Registered
166 Posts
lol, there is a aussie post here? Any1 know where i can go 4 a real aussie MR2 spyder forum section?

Got a shit mr2 spyder eating oil like water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

Probably a long shot but does anyone know of anyone in Perth (or Australia) that still does Spyder mods / parts?

Seems like MR2 spyders are somewhat rare and most places dont even stock anything related to Spyders anymore.

I would like to get a bodykit and spoiler if at all possible but everything I find is overseas

·
Registered
501 Posts
Try Carmate in Villawood.
Brought a few bits off them but like most mass produced fibreglass parts it will require some work to sit flush.

There is also carbonplusoz. They are pricy but the body kit looks mint.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hey Aussie guys, I have been trying to find out which newer Toyota models are being sold over there with awd and manual transmission. From my web trolling I found that the RAV4 over there still recently had a awd and manual. Any help would be appreciated and I'm only looking for four cylinder petrol cars. Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yep they were called rav4 GX. 4x4 with a 6spd manual and 2.5ltr 2ar-fe. 130kws and 230Nm torque.

If you use carsales.com.au you can filter by drive type and transmission so you can see what rav4s come up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yep they were called rav4 GX. 4x4 with a 6spd manual and 2.5ltr 2ar-fe. 130kws and 230Nm torque.

If you use carsales.com.au you can filter by drive type and transmission so you can see what rav4s come up.
its difficult to find any information on it...you wouldn't happen to have a website or part number where I could find the transmission family code on it?

·
Registered
322 Posts
trans

The ACA33 RAV4 uses a 2az with an e code 4wd gearbox. Its the narrow gear type. When I get home in a few weeks I can tell you the exact code

I've fixed dozens of these type boxes., what are you trying to do??

its difficult to find any information on it...you wouldn't happen to have a website or part number where I could find the transmission family code on it?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ps... there are no 6 speed ones in Oz.

QUOTE=terryo;1880490]The ACA33 RAV4 uses a 2az with an e code 4wd gearbox. Its the narrow gear type. When I get home in a few weeks I can tell you the exact code

I've fixed dozens of these type boxes., what are you trying to do??[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm looking to swap over my current awd 2az powered car that has an automatic trans. Currently I have a complete E154f out of a gtfour in my shop but there is a distinct possibility that I will be building another one for a friend which has made me start investigating other candidates. I heard of 1.8l powered cars as well with a manual awd trans that would be ideal.

2006 was the last year for horiz. Mounted engines in any toyotas here.

Ps... there are no 6 speed ones in Oz.

QUOTE=terryo;1880490]The ACA33 RAV4 uses a 2az with an e code 4wd gearbox. Its the narrow gear type. When I get home in a few weeks I can tell you the exact code

I've fixed dozens of these type boxes., what are you trying to do??
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
22 Posts
lol, there is a aussie post here? Any1 know where i can go 4 a real aussie MR2 spyder forum section?

Got a shit mr2 spyder eating oil like water.
If you haven't already tried it, have a look at http://mr2club.com.au/?page_id=45 but be warned, the Aussie MR2 crowd are Mk11 biassed! That page actually refers you here for Spyder info, but you might find something there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
G'day all,
Forgot to introduce myself. I am Terry Chadban, and have had a 2001 Spyder since 2010, and been a member here since then, but recently had to rejoin for some reason. I am just starting to look at slight mods to take it hillclimbing. I am near enough to Kempsey to make it worthwhile joining the Kempsey Sporting Car Club, which has their own hillclimb circuit, a part of the old Pacific Highway. I am old enough to remember when it was THE Pacific Highway! :blue:

Any help with buying strut bars and roll bar locally would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

1281 - 1300 of 1310 Posts