MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through the forums hoping I'd find some recommendations for MR2 service to no avail. I found this guy through YELP and he seems to have some good toyota related reviews.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/an-honest-mechanic-austin#query:toyota repair

I just need "minor" work done (valve cover gasket, belts, 120k tune-up, etc) that I don't have time to do myself. Any recommendations?

Also to GIVE back and not just ask for help, Jerry and John run a great shop in pflugerville if you have ANY suspension needs. These guys know their stuff and are super friendly.

http://onizukadesign.com/jerrys/

·
Registered
544 Posts
Jdorco,

I know Mark from An Honest Mechanic and he's a good guy. My wife took her '82 Tercel to him for years for regular maintenance, (260,000 miles before we gave it to a friend and replaced it with an Echo). But he already told me that he's not interested in working on MR2's. Don't know why since he does work on Celicas. I think he doesn't want the headache of working in tight spots and he gets enough business to be choosy.

Who knows though. Maybe you can talk him into it. If you do, let me know!

I would stay away from Champion Toy...though. They have screwed up on my Spyder a couple of times. I haven't tried Charles Maund so I can't say if they are any better.

BTW, what part of town are you in? Have you heard about the meeting/run planned for the 29th?

·
Registered
54 Posts
jdorco, have you had any work done at jerry's? I'm also looking for a good shop around here. Russell55, I agree with you on an honest mechanic, had great reviews online and when I called him he told me he doesn't work on spyders. I went to charles maund the other day to pick up some parts and they actually had them in stock, don't know about service though it was extremely busy when I went in. Hoping to make it to the meet also.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks Griffin, looks like Houston has got it all going on!
We are actually a little closer than Houston Metro since we are west of town - If you take 71 to I-10 and then I-10 east we are about 25/30 miles before you get to Katy and 50 miles before the Metro area. We are 1.5 miles south of I-10 at exit 718

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah good to know Russell55, well that's a shame :/ Have not heard of the meetup!

ssoeun, yes I have had work done at Jerry's. On my 05 mustang, my 02 spyder and we even had a long discussion when I converted my LS400 from air suspension to non. Anything suspension related and they are awesome. He and John just have a wealth of knowledge with all things suspension related.

Griffin, even for such basic service as I need? I actually enjoy the drive out that way so wouldn't mind making the trip.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Jdorco, look at the Events and Road trips section of the forum to get details on the Austin meet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.