MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm starting this thread to mollify celi2nv, who seems to be worried that there will be no Dragon Meet in the fall of 2012. I propose a meet at the Dragon sometime between mid-September and mid-October 2012.
Sounds good. I missed out on the Spring meet at the dragon. Hope to be able to make this meet since the car just got out of the shop.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Mid to late september sounds good to me.

Marvin, when you see this what will work for you?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
omg a fall dragon thread......... seems im in the right place
cant wait for dates!

rburton

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Depending on the dates, I'll be there with or without my son. I keep telling him as long as "his" Spyder is in my name I get to drive it every now and then.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mid to late september sounds good to me.

Marvin, when you see this what will work for you?
I'm just now seeing this. I should be able to make it just about any weekend that is agreed upon. I just like to plan it a week that doesn't fall on mid-terms but who knows when that will be next semester.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Interested!

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I'm just now seeing this. I should be able to make it just about any weekend that is agreed upon. I just like to plan it a week that doesn't fall on mid-terms but who knows when that will be next semester.
The way my classes will be this semester, I shouldn't have to worry too much about the date.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I would like to attend but I am waiting to get accepted into a Radiography Tech program and depending on the work load I will let you know.

Also my Spyder is not in shape to come and I am getting to the point that I dont want to get it in shape. Had the car since early 2004 and want a change. The Spyder will never be sold. Just parked for a little while and Ill drive my RSX.

Also, I request that it happen in October with the Genesis Coupe Meet since I was planning on attending with a friend anyway.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mid to late September is good for me too.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Does anyone who is lowered with a body kit have any suggestions for trailering? I live about half my life on the road in an RV. I really want to make the meet, but I would have to tow behind my RV. I have a tow dolly for my Scion xB (wrong wheel drive), but I am not sure I have seen a trailer I could pull the Spyder up on to tow... Any bright people with suggestions? (I will buy you a beer or three in NC...)

·
Registered
489 Posts
On second thought, I can make it in October too. I'm supposed to go on a cruise for my birthday, but I want to make this meet too, so mid-September to mid-October is good for me.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Does anyone who is lowered with a body kit have any suggestions for trailering? I live about half my life on the road in an RV. I really want to make the meet, but I would have to tow behind my RV. I have a tow dolly for my Scion xB (wrong wheel drive), but I am not sure I have seen a trailer I could pull the Spyder up on to tow... Any bright people with suggestions? (I will buy you a beer or three in NC...)
Drive the rear wheels of the RV up on a few 2x4's so it helps with the angle of the trailer and ramps. Slight incline helps too......dunno if you have those in Florida though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Drive the rear wheels of the RV up on a few 2x4's so it helps with the angle of the trailer and ramps. Slight incline helps too......dunno if you have those in Florida though.
Right, that's what I had to do on a tow dolly as well. Although I don't know if you can keep a stock or aftermarket bumper on. I had to take mine off but the nose on my Veilside is extremely long.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have been doing some research, and I found a guy who tows his Elise backwards on a tow dolly. I may try that out:)

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
I have been doing some research, and I found a guy who tows his Elise backwards on a tow dolly. I may try that out:)
Probably would work but only if you pull your front bumper cover.

I sold a lowered 91 MKII with a blown motor years ago and the guys showed up from Chicago with a full trailer. I had to build a stepped ramp using 2x6 boards that I had in the garage to get it to load on the trailer and then we just slid the boards onto the trailer under the car so they could unload it when they got home.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.