MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a coilover system available for the Spyder with adjustable height that can be adjusted to leave the car the same height (no drop)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
KW's can get pretty close, if I remember correctly minimum drop was only 1/2"?

·
Registered
181 Posts
KW's can get pretty close, if I remember correctly minimum drop was only 1/2"?
With Kw Variant 3 you will drop the car 30-60 mm at front and 25-55 mm at back.

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
BC coilovers can go higher than stock from what I understand.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
My apexi WS coil overs adjusted higher than stock and I believe all coil overs do.Durring winter months I jack them up to fit my snows.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My apexi WS coil overs adjusted higher than stock and I believe all coil overs do.Durring winter months I jack them up to fit my snows.
Loved the Apexi WS coilovers. IMO, it's the perfect coilovers if you Spyder is a daily driver in addition to ocassional track/spirited driving.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
I am almost positive the Powertrix coilovers will go up to stock height if not even higher. By why? The stock car sits pretty high.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
You might loose some droop travel if the dampers you pick have really short shafts, but you could buy springs of the same rate and an inch longer, and then set the ride height anywhere you want, up to 1" higher than the max height the coilover would have given you with the shorter springs.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am almost positive the Powertrix coilovers will go up to stock height if not even higher. By why? The stock car sits pretty high.
I often drive in New York City and need the clearance not do damage the car. Also in jesey some roads have pretty nasty pot holes that cannot be avoided.

I would like to get coilovers. But i do not want to drop the car too much. Which coilovers provide the smallest amount of drop. I do not want to drop less then 0.5 inches.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I often drive in New York City and need the clearance not do damage the car. Also in jesey some roads have pretty nasty pot holes that cannot be avoided.

I would like to get coilovers. But i do not want to drop the car too much. Which coilovers provide the smallest amount of drop. I do not want to drop less then 0.5 inches.
With any coilover you adjust your ride height. So you can lower it to whatever height you like, its not a pre selected drop like lowering springs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts