MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure as to what is happening,

1. But last Sunday as I was passing an old guy on a four lane highway, he decided to move into the passing lane. So I had to move into the left lane of oncoming traffic, while laying on the horn. He saw his error and quickly moved back, and I turned around to flip him off...which I never do.

2. I'm in the left lane of a 4 lane road, stopped at a light with a car on the right of me. The cross traffic to my right, there was a guy making a left turn, and decided to cut the left turn short and didn't see me in the left lane. He swerved at the last moment to put his car in the appropriate lane avoiding hit me. Yelled at the a'hole.

3. While on a two lane highway, turning left, the car behind me decided to pass me on the right at the exact time someone was backing out of their driveway. My traffic cleared and started to turn left just as the two other cars colliding, with one of them sliding through the spot I was stop at to make my turn. The driver of the car tried to blame me for the accident saying I was stopped to turn with no turn signal on. No personal injuries but both other cars trashed!

·
Registered
729 Posts
3 in 7 days...you know what they say, if everyone else is crazy, chances are its you. :lol:
Seriously tho I feel your pain, had to burn rubber to avoid a woman that tried to kamikaze left turn into me the other day

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
nice avoidance.... now be careful!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Saw one lying on the ground this afternoon. Looked like a typical "did not see the motorcycle when I was taking a turn"-accident.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Honestly though, everytime I drive the spyder, I feel like everyone wants to race me. When all I want is to drive within the speed limit and enjoy the ride with the top down. :cool:
Saw one lying on the ground this afternoon. Looked like a typical "did not see the motorcycle when I was taking a turn"-accident.
I swear.. driving the spyder is worse than a motorcycle some days. I used to own a couple bikes before i purchased the Spyder. You have to watch other people so much it isn't funny. I love taking the back-roads (not just for the twists) but also for the lack of traffic.

*note my car is being reassembled starting tomorrow

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Kaustein, have you ever watched "Final Destination?"

Perhaps you need to stay at home for a few days. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.