MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I anyone could help me out to find the problem you'll save me from chopping off my legs. The sound happens when the exhaust is cold mainly once I turn it on. I don't rev passed 2k and do this for a few miles then I could go normally with out that sound happening. I get the feeling that the exhaust heats up and the sound goes away then I leave the car alone say go to the store them the sound is unbearable.
http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=/&gl=US&rdm=4phc78fxw#/watch?v=q053zIin_m8
I cant pinpoint the sound but I think it's the muffler itself I have a custom magnaflow dual. And I've also checked and no the exhaust dosent rub on anything. Any help would help me out thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll take another video later when I get home

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
When the exhaust is cold, you should push down on different parts of the exhaust system while it is running. Make sure it isn't an external vibration. That might help pin point where this noise is coming from.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ima try that tomorro morning. Sounds like its somethings rattling in the muffler

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Check all your heatshields. Especially the one around the main cat.

Edit: I watched the 2nd video again, and it looks like you have the stock cat-back exhaust.

Knock the muffler a little with your knuckle while the car is off and the exhaust is cold. It may also be a broken baffle.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check all your heatshields. Especially the one around the main cat.

Edit: I watched the 2nd video again, and it looks like you have the stock cat-back exhaust.

Knock the muffler a little with your knuckle while the car is off and the exhaust is cold. It may also be a broken baffle.
That's exactly what I think it is a broken baffle man I need a learn the terminology haha too much architecture. Yea it doesn't sound like anything is loose but after the muffler heats up like a small drive at 55 then a short while after that sound happens. Kinda embarrassing when I got get stuff at the store.

Magnaflow muffler,header, and stock down pipe I thought it was the DP heat shield but I could be wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts