MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting the B2796 code and the car will not start. Its a 2000 with 98000 miles on it and all of a sudden it just didnt want to start. Towed it home scanned it and now this nightmare is following me. I tried alot of remedies to no avail. Key in the door using the key fob, etc. I really would just like to know a way to bypass this circuit altogether!! any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!:huh:

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
What reader did you use to get the Code.. as MOST readers will not get Body Codes.. I Want one..

B2796 No Communication from Immob Circuit..

Your Fungooed!..

The Immob Circuit is Comprised of 2 Parts.. First Part is the 'Reader' that will Get the Code from the Key.. and the Second Part is inside the Engine ECU..

When the Ket is inserted into the Barrel of the Ignition Lock, the Insertion Switch, will signal the ECU that a Key is inserted.. The ECU will come out of it sleep mode and Throw some Signals at the Key Reader to read the Key..

Your Key Reader is not Responding to the Commands from the ECU of the Engine..

HOPEFULLY the Reader has come Unplugged.. or the Reader is Bad..

The Reader is Around the Barrel of the Ignition Switch.. they are about 100$ from Toyota.. ( BottleFED MR2 has a few used )..

If it's just the Reader that is Bad.. or Just Loose Wires.. then Finding would be Fairly Straight Foreword.. and when you do fix it.. the Key will be the SAME.. so you will not have to change or Re-Program..

If you Replace the Reader.. and that does not work.. then the ECU is next.. BF also has them.. but he'll charge about 175$ to Set it up so it will receive your new key.. On top of the 50$ ECU purchase..

Still it's better than Factory Price..

No you can not get around it.. the ONLY thing to do is Swap in an ECU from a 00-01 MT Celica GT ( That is a 1ZZ ).. but you will have to move 2 wires in the ECU wire harness..

Cap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts