MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ho!

I've been away from the forum for a long while and recently started logging back in. Just wanted to to reintroduce myself and say hello.

I look forward to chatting and sharing with you all.

-Jon R.

:scrock:

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
So like What.. were you pissed at us?.. or did you do what the rest of us should do, and actually get a Life :)

Welcome Back.. Anything new and Exciting about your Car?.. Mine rolled over 227K Miles last week..

Cap

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of... I went back to college, for a nursing degree (let the male nurse jokes begin), while still working 50 hrs a week at work. All I can say is...WHEW!:eyecrazy: I'm a month away from a 7 month break and finally have time to start getting sucked back into the forum.

Nothing too much exciting going on with the 2... just being my reliable DD. No recent noteworthy mods or anything yet due to time and funds. I've been paying college out-of-pocket the past couple of years. I did just solve a p0440 CEL that's been bugging me forever and a day. Turned out the gas cap I replaced about a year back didn't fix my original problem even though the light disappeared for about a week. Finally eliminated everything else and thought I'd give another new cap a try. That was it. :eusa_doh:

Wow...227k!!! I thought my 130k was a lot. It's good to know I'm just getting her broke in.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love male nurses. Are you good looking? :wub:

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I tried College way back in the Days when Dinosaurs were still roaming the earth.. Family crisis and general life Stuff, kept getting in the way.. Glad you were able to stick it out.

Nursing is emotionally tough.. Hope you have a good support network ..

The Spyder is a good stress reliever..

Cap

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cap.

I have been in school for 2 years now, and that is just for all the credit requirements to apply to the nursing program. I will apply in June, hopefully start next January 2013, and then graduate with an ADN RN in 2015. Then I hope to go on to an accelerated bachelor's program. This opportunity was a God send. I have a lot of set-backs keeping me from getting an education. I am very fortunate to get a chance at 29 to have a chance at a promising career. And yes, I have a superb support network...starting with my wife.

I have relieved plenty of stress in my Spyder!:lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome back...although I am new here, and have no clue who you are....wink.

I went back in my late 30's and finished a CS degree....quadrupled my income, but I stupidly went into too much debt to get through....another year plus of paying that crap off....but I'm getting there.

I would not suggest a lot of debt, but an education is one of the few things they can't take away from you...good job going back.

Rick

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would not suggest a lot of debt, but an education is one of the few things they can't take away from you...good job going back.
Thanks rvicke!

I am doing my best to keep out of debt in this. Right now both my wife and I are lucky enough to be working and I can pay for tuition at the community college (which offers a nationally recognized nursing program) out of pocket. It's been tough, but it's all going to be worth it in the end. That's what is getting us through.

Oh, and welcome to SC yourself! :welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts