MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i lowered my car around 1in front and 1/2 in rear for my 16in wheels on my same old BC BR coilover.

now, when i run over some uneven surface, i heard something hitting it clunk, i know its not the wheel rubbing because it happen when the wheels drop going over bumps, not when the wheels going back up.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
if it's the swaybar linkage ...it's easy enough to see. grab it and try jerking it around ..if you can jerk it around ...it's bad...or you're REALLY strong

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Both front and rear swaybars have brackets that attach the swaybar to the body. There is one on each side of the car front and rear. They all have rubber bushings. Check to see the bushing are still there and the brackets the bolts did not come loose.

Also how did you lower the car? The other source of clunking when the suspension is fully extended is loose springs. Make sure the spring perch is not loose.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both front and rear swaybars have brackets that attach the swaybar to the body. There is one on each side of the car front and rear. They all have rubber bushings. Check to see the bushing are still there and the brackets the bolts did not come loose.

Also how did you lower the car? The other source of clunking when the suspension is fully extended is loose springs. Make sure the spring perch is not loose.
I loosen the lower part of the bc coilover and turned the body to shorten the whole coilover to lower it.
I checked the brackets with bushings, seem fine. Tried to shaked it and it did not make any noise. Are the front wheels suppose to be able to move up and down like mine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts