MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to begin rebadging my car and was curious if anyone knew which ones have pins in them. I know the front badge does, but does the TOYOTA and MR2 SPYDER on the rear have pins?

I am going to replace the rear TOYOTA badge with one that says TRD and most likely remove the MR2 if it is separate from the SPYDER.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am going to begin rebadging my car and was curious if anyone knew which ones have pins in them. I know the front badge does, but does the TOYOTA and MR2 SPYDER on the rear have pins?

I am going to replace the rear TOYOTA badge with one that says TRD and most likely remove the MR2 if it is separate from the SPYDER.
The rear ones don't have pins. Yeah the mr2 is separate from the spyder, or breaks off real easy haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
782 Posts
You might get "ghost marks" when you remove them. The paint behind the emblems isn't exposed to the sun or elements and a shadow remains visible of the old emblem. A lot of people have reported this happening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might get "ghost marks" when you remove them. The paint behind the emblems isn't exposed to the sun or elements and a shadow remains visible of the old emblem. A lot of people have reported this happening.
I kind of expect this to happen, but hopefully a good rubbing compound will lessen it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
on my car the outer edge of the glue hardened into some kind of super cement

took 3 passes with rubbing compound to get it off. along with some wax you cant really see it. but they put some serious stuff on there

(also my car is black)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts