MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
jtdfr320850071470 040 White/tan la20 14k miles San Diego CA dt fs 5/20 $16.5k ls
I keep track of the 2005 spyders and sales. This is the holy grail 2005 white with tan combination. Was for sale for 20k for about a year. Now that there seems to be more demand for spyders it would have sold easier. Prior owner paid a lot and ended up selling for a loss. He bought it with 11k miles. Stick with limited slip which is the desirable options on the 2005.
L

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nicely done. That car has, hands down, one of the cleanest engine bays I have ever seen. Exterior and interior also looking absolutely flawless. Congrats on the win, and even though I have not been here that long, let me say welcome to the community.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nicely done. That car has, hands down, one of the cleanest engine bays I have ever seen. Exterior and interior also looking absolutely flawless. Congrats on the win, and even though I have not been here that long, let me say welcome to the community.
Thanks man, it is super clean and looked even better in person. I'm very happy with it. See you around the chat!

---break---

Welcome home MRS

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Beautiful car. You paid less than sticker price for a car that is barely used. It will be as reliable for you today as it was for the original owner when he drove it away from the dealership.

I paid just under $16,000 for mine with 47k miles on it, and the top needed replacing pretty quick. So I did that and put another $7k or so making some upgrades. Almost 100,000 trouble-free miles later, I'm not regretting anything.

Welcome, as they say, to the Land of Permagrin.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
SW, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Congrats, and welcome to Spyder-dom!

Reactions: SpyderWhite

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beautiful car. You paid less than sticker price for a car that is barely used. It will be as reliable for you today as it was for the original owner when he drove it away from the dealership.

I paid just under $16,000 for mine with 47k miles on it, and the top needed replacing pretty quick. So I did that and put another $7k or so making some upgrades. Almost 100,000 trouble-free miles later, I'm not regretting anything.

Welcome, as they say, to the Land of Permagrin.
Thanks man, went out for a spin with the wife last weekend and we couldn't stop smiling. We love her, even nicknamed her Moneypenny.

SW, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Congrats, and welcome to Spyder-dom!
Thanks man! Can't stop smiling when I see her!

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
187 Posts
The reality is that Toyota will likely never make a mid-engine vehicle again. If they do, it will probably be a midship crossover. ;)

Ok... slight exaggeration, it might come back as a performance hybrid... But I really doubt it will be a 2200lb bare bones go-kart like the ZZW30.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The reality is that Toyota will likely never make a mid-engine vehicle again. If they do, it will probably be a midship crossover. ;)

Ok... slight exaggeration, it might come back as a performance hybrid... But I really doubt it will be a 2200lb bare bones go-kart like the ZZW30.
Or perhaps a joint venture with another automaker that's only Toyota in name 😬

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
You mean like Pontiac Vibe?
That's actually backwards. The vibe was only Pontiac in name, much like the a90 Supra is only Toyota in name, or the FRS / GT86 is only Toyota in name, or the iA...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm the guy that picked up this Spyder, I've been looking for years and clean unmodified examples like this one which were garaged their entire life in super white with the tan interior and top are rare. Tbh, I didn't expect to spend nearly $18k but I have no regrets, I am very happy with the car and it will be a permanent addition to my garage.
We have a Super White with tan top 2005 and we love it. My wife wanted it to look like a classic roadster and this color scheme does just that. We recently saw another one like ours for 14,500 in San Diego with over 120,000 miles on it. So I think you got a good deal with half the mileage. All used cars have gone up by a lot recently!

·
Premium Member
Black 2005 MRS 5-speed w/LSD
147 Posts
Congratulations on a beauty! I can't blame you for buying it
Thanks man, went out for a spin with the wife last weekend and we couldn't stop smiling. We love her, even nicknamed her Moneypenny.

Thanks man! Can't stop smiling when I see her!
Congratulations! What a beauty. Like many others here, I would have bought it at that price in a minute.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
8,700 miles ....

If anyone is interested, I can check out the 2 Spyders listed in Cicero and Indy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
FYI, here is another recently listed low mileage 2001 5-sp. Asking $16,000.

No affiliation to seller; simply posting for possible interest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems like I got quite a deal last June with my purchase of an 02 2-owner with 82k miles white/tan combo in near perfect condition besides one little hail looking dent in the rear quarter panel. $5,600. Thank you Nowhereville Arkansas and pre-stimulus prices. Considering selling at these ridiculous prices and getting a Boxster S for the same $, but I probably won't because I like it too much.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts