MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so traded my 2004 Spectra blue spyder (looks like an 01 now... Vin: JTDFR320040067198) in for new Nissan Juke awd sl for G/F (don't Hate! actually I wanted to hate it but its awesome, and i got another 01 spyder with a blown motor and a jdm rear clip so ill be back and spydering soon)

BUT, if you see the car, it is in good shape 90k miles mobil 1 and trd filter on last oil changes, I swaped the black 01 wheels with a hodgepodge of tires (175/65/15 fronts from god knows when and bald snows on rear... oh and theres no spare or tools, there is a puddle of spilled mobil 1 where the tools go behind the seats) as well as blacked out 01 head and tail lights and side vents (so I could use the 04 parts on my 01 :) car had recent body work to replace minor d/s sheet metal damage front fender sprayed, door and rear 1/4 replaced with used parts and sprayed also had p/s 1/4 also sprayed for some other unrelated scratces and chips, looked nice. pulled out my 6 speed and reinstalled another used 5speed of unknown condition and used clutch(didn't have much left to it)

took almost all my mods off (nothing crazy, clutch f/w 6 speed short shifter)
car does still have eurethaned motor mounts so its got a little vibe to it
prior damage:

all fixed:

actually looks pretty ok:

wheels:

tranny donation:

trade:

something old something new something borrowed something blue,
01 spyder/ my old st205 swapped alltrac coming for a visit to my shop/ and the 04

Lt. Dan! New Legs!- disco'd konig hurry 15x6.5 f 205/50/15 17x7 r 215/40/17 (may do 195/55/15 fronts w/ toyo T1rs)

Rear clip w/ jdm 6 speed (thanks JSA! J Spec Motors of Ashburn VA)

I'll make a new spyder thread soon enough, but let me know if anyone finds my car floating for sale in the ny tristate area
sorry to the next owner... your gonna pay 04 money for an 01 clone... well atleast i left the fogs... i did thing about it, but my 01 was just painted and has an 04 rear already but no fog slots on 01 bumper
Michael

·
Registered
781 Posts
So Nissan finally sold a Juke, huh? I guess its better than the Murano convertible...:p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly i wanted to hate it and generally steer clear of nissans since my brothers multi engined qr25de sentra ser... but if you can deal with the size... its smalllll, and get past the love hate styling(youll love it if you own it like the proud parents of an obviously ugly baby), and dont pay sticker (we got the top spec sl awd for [email protected] dealer invoice, worth it for backup camera and heated seats, wish hids were std)

Its actually a great car, well built solid quiet, opt awd, (yeah i wish it came 6spd and awd too but my gf hurt her knee (audi rear ended her last year with her foot on the clutch and tore up her left side) and the spyder clutch was killing her commuting, the juke is getting the same mpg as the spyder w/ awd off mostly in eco mode on cruise ctrl waying 1000lbs more 29-31ish so far 2k miles in

We test drove the 6spd too and its fun and cheaper, and on both cvt and man sport mode kicks butt, more boost harder faster "shifts" and tighter elec steering

Its got more features per $ than anything ive seen, and the only thing with awd under 30 that gets 30 mpg and doesnt look like an impreza... well it does look like a frog, but so do spyders we all drive fairly ugly little bugs on this forum those in ugly drop tops shouldnt throw stones

Seriously drive one great compliment to spyder ownership although storage is only slightly better when seats are up lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
My wife got me to agree to test drive a juke and I have to say I was very impressed. The only thing is I just can`t get over it`s looks. It`s a 10 year decision so we passed on it, still haven`t bought anything yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts