MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering what causes my spyder to make beeping noise whilst driving. This is really bothering me as I don't know what I am doing wrong.. please help.

thank you.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hey guys, I was just wondering what causes my spyder to make beeping noise whilst driving. This is really bothering me as I don't know what I am doing wrong.. please help.

thank you.
If you have an SMT (I can't imagine what else would be beeping), it means the clutch is overheated, or something isn't working well mechanically. Any other symptoms that accompany the beeping?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Clutch slipping, input shaft speed sensor screwing up, low smt fluid, dry transmission, APPS going out, bad MAF, vacuum leak. The car is looking for either more or less fuel to match speeds and its ways of reaching that point and detecting that point is off. Check the fluids and get a code. Either that or stop trying to go 10 mph in 5th gear.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Before we assume it's broken, by driving do you really mean:
- Engine running, car in gear, foot off the gas for a long time (it will go back to neutral)?
- Driving backwards?

If only that were the case.

Sounds like everyone wants to know: Is the car behaving well otherwise?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.