MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
How do you go about bench testing the sensor, all three looks to be the same. The one I think I have issue with is the Clutch Stroke Sensor. This is the one covered with brake fluid, I hate to buy a new/used while the one I have is in good working order.

Thanks,
Tee

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I’ve seen two tests. One is simple resistance check. The other is applying 5v across two pins, then reading the output voltage across the third pin. Somebody may have them. If not, I can dig them out of the big green book.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
... applying 5v across two pins, then reading the output voltage across the third pin...
The important thing is that the reading change continuously and consistently with movement. It must be repeatable, with no jumps, gaps, steps, or jitters. Those are the things that a relearn cannot adjust for.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Down the road, you will need to either rebuild the GSA or be the guinea pig and try the Barsleak clutch fluid or you’ll have SMT fluid getting into the new sensor. I’m not aware of anyone using the Barsleak so it’s a risk. Cyclehead has the seals if you go that route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts