MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I overestimated my driving skills and got snapped-back to reality... Had a slidey sideways meeting with a pretty tall curb. At least one bent part, but I'm having trouble identifying it or finding a part number. Anyone more knowledgeable here that can help? It's a 2000 LHD model from Europe.
Thanks!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I thinik that you need to get a repair estimate from a professional body shop. This is probably not just a bent arm. There is likely some body distortion also. The car should be repairable, but it won't be right again unless you take care of everything that is wrong.

·
Registered
708 Posts
From the look of it, the REAR lower control arm (48730-17060) is definitely bent. The lower control arm (48710-17050) is likely impacted, I will guess that the hub or knuckle (423054-17030) is bent along possibly with the trailing arm (48780-17050) and a sway bar link (48830-17070) might also be tweaked. There may be strut damage and may be damage to the cross member. But I doubt it the cross member. You will need to have a shop or do it yourself, measure the distances between certain suspension and body components. By doing this, they can determine what parts are bent. You personally can start with simply replacing, or attempting to replace the control arm (and I will bet the knuckle - find low mileage used). Then see how the parts align. If you are lucky enough to get it back together (ie bolt holes align), then take to an alignment shop and have an alignment performed. They will be able to tell right away if something else is bent. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I hit a curb once...measured every suspension component with a straight edged ruler & compared to the opposite side. Everything checked out & I only needed an alignment. Yours doesn't seem so gentle a hit but its still a good place to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts