MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is running this set up with an aftermarket exhaust or if you've heard one let me know. I really like the sound of the TM duals and the HKS exhaust but I'm afraid that if I pair one of those exhausts with the header/dp combo it will be obnoxiously loud or "off tone". If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the ERZ exhaust from the commercial forum and completely catless and it's great, good tone and it doesn't drone on the highway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you happen to have a soundclip by anychance? :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
How do you like the sound of that CNT exhaust? The price got me interested, but in the Youtube clip it sounded the same as stock?

I have the ERZ exhaust from the commercial forum and completely catless and it's great, good tone and it doesn't drone on the highway.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
IMO, Team Moon..

94mb vid and my hosting throttles so may take a moment to load. This is the "Ebay" header that cost me about 100.00 shipped at the time. I uploaded this video on 6/22/08 and was running this exhaust manifold up until this year (2zz swapping) with 0 issues. The video also has a few other mods I was working on at the time so feel free to ignore those =D

http://www.ekoesling.com/automotive/Spyder_Exhaust.MPG

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO, Team Moon..

94mb vid and my hosting throttles so may take a moment to load. This is the "Ebay" header that cost me about 100.00 shipped at the time. I uploaded this video on 6/22/08 and was running this exhaust manifold up until this year (2zz swapping) with 0 issues. The video also has a few other mods I was working on at the time so feel free to ignore those =D

http://www.ekoesling.com/automotive/Spyder_Exhaust.MPG
I love the Team Moon sound I'm just worried about running it with a catless downpipe. Kinda worried about it droning/having a weird tone. I appreciate the video!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I love the Team Moon sound I'm just worried about running it with a catless downpipe. Kinda worried about it droning/having a weird tone. I appreciate the video!
I will know what an Exhaust Manifold/CatlessDP/TM exhasut on a 2zz sounds like in about a month or two. I can be sure to upload another video.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will know what an Exhaust Manifold/CatlessDP/TM exhasut on a 2zz sounds like in about a month or two. I can be sure to upload another video.
That would be great, I won't be getting an exhaust til then anyway so that would be perfect.

·
Registered
739 Posts

It drones and it is loud that it gets annoying when cruising on the freeway. Nevertheless, it puts a smile on my face when I go for spirited driving. IMO it is definitely not for a daily driver.
My setup is: 2zz + LR header + Che CATless+ dual team moon exhaust.

I have been saving for a CAT down-pipe and hoping for quieting the exhaust.

It is a lot better with a stock gutted manifold + stock down-pipe + team moon.

Rasheed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Man the "search function" here at spydy chat sucks.. -_-

Is anyone here with a 2zz running a GReddy catback? Does it sound good or rice?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have this setup too or something similar. Che header, catless downpipe and CNT exhaust and it's awesome! :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have this setup too or something similar. Che header, catless downpipe and CNT exhaust and it's awesome! :)
Video/sound clip pleaseeeeeee! I'm dying to see how it sounds so I can pick up one of those CNT exhausts for $159.99

1 - 13 of 13 Posts