MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a little cruise with my sportbike club today.

Here's a pic of his bike before...

Here's after his first wreck today...

Here's his bike after his second wreck...

On plus side he's OK, gixer is toast.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I read this right, 2 wrecks in one day?
Yep, low sided on a twisty road, 1st wreck.

2nd wreck
Heroic pass turned bad when HD he was passing hammered it. To avoid a head-on he braked hard and took the ditch.

I was behind him both times. May just be me but after one wreck I think I'd take it kind of easy for the rest of the day :lol:

Luckily injuries minor. No medical needed.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea, picked up a new seat for the 14, sargent, small amount of storage, call it a map pocket...

For people that think Spyders have little storage... :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
So when did you get the 14? My last recollection was an Aprilia or something. And my bike doesn't have significantly more storage than that. It has so little that I can't remember the last time that I actually tried to put anything in it.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Yep, low sided on a twisty road, 1st wreck.

2nd wreck
Heroic pass turned bad when HD he was passing hammered it. To avoid a head-on he braked hard and took the ditch.

I was behind him both times. May just be me but after one wreck I think I'd take it kind of easy for the rest of the day :lol:

Luckily injuries minor. No medical needed.
What's an HD? Why didn't you guys pull that son of a bitch over and deliver murder on the spot?

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
HD is Harley Davidson.

Sounds like he was trying to ride beyond his abilities, or just too ballsy on the second wreck, although the d-bag HD rider shouldn't have hammered it when getting passed.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
HD is Harley Davidson.

Sounds like he was trying to ride beyond his abilities, or just too ballsy on the second wreck, although the d-bag HD rider shouldn't have hammered it when getting passed.
I agree with everything here.
What a stupid prick. Did he even stop after he saw his handy work fall off to the side of the road?
If I were forced to collide with the ground, a car, or a piece of shit riding a motorcycle do you know which one I would choose? I would dare someone to do this to me. Yes, I mad. :angry:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with everything here.
What a stupid prick. Did he even stop after he saw his handy work fall off to the side of the road?
If I were forced to collide with the ground, a car, or a piece of shit riding a motorcycle do you know which one I would choose? I would dare someone to do this to me. Yes, I mad. :angry:
Nope he didn't stop. There's was 7 of us, but the lead 4 were way ahead they didn't even see the wreck. I was back about 50 yards and just saw the dust cloud and our guy in the ditch.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably the best thing to happen to him. He's lucky he's still breathing.
Very true.

Update: Bike is totaled, insurance is going to replace it, minus his $1000 deductable. He's seeing a doctor for his roadrash. Guy has only been riding for 3 months, expensive and painful lesson(such as wear gloves when riding, ride within your skill level, leave a little room for unforseen events). He was very lucky the way he crashed too, there was a forest on the right side of the road and sturdy fence posts on the left. Luckily he didn't come to a sudden stop with any of them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Although the Gixxer was making an illegal pass, once the HD hammered it, both parties are in the wrong. By hammering the throttle, the HD is participating in a speed competition. If the on coming driver got hit and injured (glad they weren't involved), the HD would be consider a hit and run.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although the Gixxer was making an illegal pass, once the HD hammered it, both parties are in the wrong. By hammering the throttle, the HD is participating in a speed competition. If the on coming driver got hit and injured (glad they weren't involved), the HD would be consider a hit and run.
Yea, these guys get in way too big a hurry to pass. It was a double yellow cresting a hill, that's why he didn't see oncoming truck till it was too late. The guy in the pickup stopped to see if we needed help. Nice guy. I'll bet the HD guy was pissed after being passed by the proceeding 5 bikes and had had enough.

I'm an old fart now and take it relatively easy, I barely got over 135 Saturday :lol:

·
Registered
727 Posts
This thread is why I do not regret selling my 2002 Kawasaki ZX6-r Ninja for a down payment on my MR2.

Riding for 3 months and willing to put his and others' lives in danger... If I was riding that Harley, I woulda pulled over, made sure he was ok, then punched him square in the face for being such a banmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmeplease** a$$hole...

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
This thread is why I do not regret selling my 2002 Kawasaki ZX6-r Ninja for a down payment on my MR2.

I rode bikes for 30 years (yes I'm old) and stopped riding when a complete moron made an illegal U-turn causing me to total my GL1800 in December 2004. In January of 2005 the insurance check for my bike paid for my first Spyder.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
That ZX-14 is crazy--very nice bike!

Your buddy is a little short on survival instinct... Make sure you aren't close enough for him to take you with him...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I rode bikes for 30 years (yes I'm old) and stopped riding when a complete moron made an illegal U-turn causing me to total my GL1800 in December 2004. In January of 2005 the insurance check for my bike paid for my first Spyder.
I had similiar experiences Mike, two dead friends, another missing one leg from the knee down from being side swiped. I'll stick to the Spyder. I still miss the bikes though. Will that ever go away?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That ZX-14 is crazy--very nice bike!

Your buddy is a little short on survival instinct... Make sure you aren't close enough for him to take you with him...
Thanks, no complaints so far.

I volunteered to ride sweeper on that ride, I told them the 14 is just a "big ole cruiser". It kind of was compared to the CBR1000RR, Ducati 1098, and various 600 Supersports there. It's tough to hang with them when road gets too tight. The big Ninja is well, BIG :lol:

I was back about 50 yards giving him plenty of room. I try to ride sweeper with that group, they're all young and way too brave.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts