MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
#1 son and resident charming both think it horribly conspicuous. Like the whole car is not ::)
Their vehement rejection did help me to decide to buy the matching set of chrome door handles :p
There is a cunning plan behind it even ;D Not all that serious, very much tongue in cheek, but will still actually dó it. Excute the plan that is :)) when sunny winter weather days come.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I would say "Ahh, kids," but it'd be a little disingenuous, as I don't have any! 😅

Nice that they are only gently ribbing you about it, though. You're still "allowed," to have fun!

It's your car anyway, of course, so you do you! Wait, Pwnz already said that.. 🤦‍♀️

Coincidentally enough, I've done the nearly same thing just this week - ordered spare door handles and mirrors. Body colored, however.

Curious to see what your end result will be!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Southern Spain, just half an hour above Málaga in the mountains.

Already have most of the surface ´warpped´ in satin black, red, gray,

Yes I do as I please anyway/regardless.
There is no discussing taste; some like the mother, some the daughters and I probably bóth.

The appearance is but a detail; things like suspenson, the buckets, exhaust note get more serious flack and appraisal. By Jove was I maligned about the seat! The resident charming even brings a garden chair cushion! But hey, PÍNG´, they don´t háve to come along. I will ask someone else, well, not quite ásk even, or go alone.
Quite surprisingly the exhaust can hardly be loud enough for the charming company, Especially the ´popping´ on the overrun is commented upon as ´sexy´ by áll!

Back to the bling opted for free shipping so will probably 2023 before they get here.
The interior is already adorned with chrome bling details, especially because the SMT has the Ferrariesque shift grid. Have a wonderful photo showing ALL but there is a very distacting nude, too recogniseable woman standing over it so ... no can do boys. Thát one loved it all btw. Bling, hard buckets, loud note and going sideways got her excited instead of angry. But alas, jealous.

Anyway, the Mr2 Spyder is now, two decades later, mostly a pérsonal fun thing no?! So the only one you (need to) please with it, is yourself. If someone likes to share it, great but with thís car it often is a ... well also burden really. I mean drifting the thing through over the mountain passes involves quite enough responsibility for the safety of the rest of the world without a passenger in the seat next to you. Well, that ánd the weight of course, bwahahahaha.....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t know how you keep finding ways to make your car look even worse.
Interestingly judgemental about taste. Tant pis I say.

Several days/week I drop by at the local watering hole for a morning coffee, sometimes breakfast.
It is a bit of a running gag that the waiting personel tries to get my coffee at the table when I do.
Often they hear my car but if not they will immediately spot the thing among the bland rest. Even luxury brands are mostly bland.
Safer too they observed because other road user nótice it too. Not a bad thing in an itsybitsy spyder,

re the covers real chrome, or painted plastic?
Chromed plastic OEM. Never been used before. Move a lot better into the folded in position than the old ones. Not that I ever need that but hey, now they cán be.

The door handles/surrounds I have under way are OEM too.

p.s. tried to get the hard top chrome wrapped but found it costly. Even so the NoNo was that I could not get the windshield frame chrome. If I ever get the chrome cover for it, the hard top will get the wrap!

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Interestingly judgemental about taste. Tant pis I say.

Several days/week I drop by at the local watering hole for a morning coffee, sometimes breakfast.
It is a bit of a running gag that the waiting personel tries to get my coffee at the table when I do.
Often they hear my car but if not they will immediately spot the thing among the bland rest. Even luxury brands are mostly bland.
Safer too they observed because other road user nótice it too. Not a bad thing in an itsybitsy spyder,

Chromed plastic OEM. Never been used before. Move a lot better into the folded in position than the old ones. Not that I ever need that but hey, now they cán be.

The door handles/surrounds I have under way are OEM too.

p.s. tried to get the hard top chrome wrapped but found it costly. Even so the NoNo was that I could not get the windshield frame chrome. If I ever get the chrome cover for it, the hard top will get the wrap!
I tend to hold judgement until its requested, as it was here.
If you're going to go the chrome look, which isnt a terrible idea, then the A pillars could work. Better, I think, to chrome the rubber trim instead. The wheels too, and the front grill. Lots of custom work there, and an inevitable increase in weight. Chroming the hard top is a terrible idea. My eyes hurt from thinking about it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I tend to hold judgement until its requested, as it was here.
Pardon?
Sháred does imo not equal request of judging the subjective*, Unless that works differently on the North American continent of course.

* spot the confict there? The ís no judging matters of taste. Unless that etc, on your continent.

Like your comment on the chrome hard top. You state is IS a terrible idea and UFFFF... Imo you thínk it is. By all means I say to that.

And as I observed, I often like bóth the mom and the daughter ;)

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Pardon?
Sháred does imo not equal request of judging the subjective*, Unless that works differently on the North American continent of course.

* spot the confict there? The ís no judging matters of taste. Unless that etc, on your continent.

Like your comment on the chrome hard top. You state is IS a terrible idea and UFFFF... Imo you thínk it is. By all means I say to that.

And as I observed, I often like bóth the mom and the daughter ;)
Putting pictures of your car on a medium where people can comment and reply is, in fact, an open invitation for comment and reply. I dont think the USA has a monopoly on reason, so, regional taboo notwithstanding, I expect this is how it works everywhere where people have access to the internet. If you would rather not have comments and replies then you have the option of positing in a medium that does not allow, or in the alternative, simply request for there to be no comments or replies. I don’t think you will ever do the latter, because its pretty clear you enjoy controversy. Nothing wrong with that.

I don’t understand the last thing you said, but it sounds fun.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Putting pictures of your car on a medium where people can comment and reply is, in fact, an open invitation for comment and reply.
No it is not. It may have devolved into that but that does not make it so nor makes it good.
Further more an opinion about taste is fundamentatlly different from an inherently impossibe judgement in that context. Again de devolving of understanding, not a good thing.

All in all a telling pointer to why my car is lighter than it ´should´ be 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Btw, the thing you mention to not understand is directly about taste and preferences.
The ´discussion´ above is ever so applicable to it: The more manners and politeness, the education devolve, the wider the playing field for those who dó get it (y)

·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
No it is not.
Yes, it is. Since before the internet existed, it has always been.

Before that, put a flyer on the board at the college food court, come back the next day and see what has befallen it.

Whose understanding has devolved, yours or his? Tant pis, as you say.

You give your opinion, and he gives his. The difference therein is you feel his is judgmental, whereas yours is somehow beyond the realm of public comment.

One says, "look at my new chrome bits". The other says, "I didn't think you could make it uglier - alas, it is so".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts