MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title says I have a black 01 Spyder for sale. This car is not perfect by any means.

It has 68,800-ish original miles
Everything on the car works fine.
Only aftermarket parts on this car is the TRD short shifter and solid bushings, Sony Explod cd player with aux, kicker amp, and two 10 inch JL subs. (none of which I bought)
It is missing the following:
- The plastics lining the frunk. (frunk is there)
- Spare tire
- The front bumper grille inserts (the factory mesh)
- And the two little pieces of plastic weather stripping that prevent debris from falling down to the drain holes
- The engine diaper

This car has a rebuilt title, but I have never had any issues with it. The front bumper has stone chips and the driver quarter panel paint is cracked. NO damage to the quarter panel. the CEL is on but I have had it checked and the Bank 1 O2 sensor is bad. Like I said this car is not perfect by any means so I want to make that clear. It is still a very nice car and I enjoy driving this thing everyday. All this being said I would like $ 7,500 for this car. Please pm me with any more questions the car is located in Toledo, ohio. I'm not able to post pictures so please pm me your number or email and I will gladly send you pictures.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If it's an O2 sensor, replace it (should be an easy enough job), lose the CEL, and likely get more buyer interest in it. I agree that a salvage or rebuilt title kills value.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As stated before replace the O2 sensors. People will take your excuse for a CEL light with a grain of salt. (Most people at least) If a CEL light is on for a simple and inexpensive fix, then fix it. Even if you don't want to put any more money in it, it should still be done. It will increase your value and give you an easier sale. When you leave such a simple thing undone, and tell people why its on, they will assume it is a huge issue and you are just lying through your teeth to get it sold. Do yourself the favor and fix the CEL....... Or is it something else wrong with it? :huh: As for pricing, it is high. Your value is reduced for the rebuilt title and for the "CEL". Clean and clear titled cars with no CEL on go for about your asking price. Reduce it by a couple to a few thousand on here. Then again, if listed on craigslist you might get some shmuck who has been actively seeking a MR2 and will pay good money for it. You might just have to wait a while though. Good Luck.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wow Mush - that listing depresses me. Our Spyders have held their resale value really well but it is starting to fall.

On another note - I don't see why as a community we are so quick to devalue our cars. If people over pay - that becomes the value of the vehicle. I'm not selling - but if I was, I would want the highest value possible for my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.