MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I considered selling it about a year ago, but ended up holding on to it. Unfortunately now it's time to sell. Not a lot has changed since last posted, just another ~20k trouble free miles on it. I'll only consider selling parts if I don't have any luck selling it as a whole, so for now, not parting it out. Kelly Blue Book values at $7,631 NADA values at $9,150, not taking modifications into account. I'm hoping to get ~$11,000 out of it. Feedback on the price is also appreciated. Also, the photos are a little older, but nothing's changed and I was too lazy to take new ones.

It is a black 2002 Toyota MR2 with ~111k miles on the body, ~66 on the engine/trans. Nevada car so there is no rust/weather damage. Over all it's in pretty good condition. There are some pepper chips on the front which can be seen when the bra isn't on and a few spots that I can tell someone opened their door into my car which are visible from the right angle. There are a couple tears on the passenger side seat that were repaired, but could be repaired to look better. Mechanically, the only item is that the parking break no longer works well.

I also have (and comes with the car) a number of the stock pieces that came off the vehicle. IE. The plastic compartments from behind the seats, rear bracing, stock muffler, stock air intake (although I don't think this would work with the 2zz), 2guys hitch, 2 navpod casings, and some odds and ends.

Here is a list of the mods / upgrades I've done. It started as a complete stock car when I bought it.

Swap done by Little Rocket in 2010 (~$5,720 total)
2zz-ge, 6spd manual
lightweight flywheel, stiffer clutch ($700)
high RPM water pump
Circuitworx oil pump ($210)
CAI, LR 2zz header ($575)

Team moon dual with baffle (~$320 + $55)

TRD strut tower braces, front & rear ($435)
corkey BP ($166)

stainless brake hoses , new front pads, paint calipers red, spyder caliper stickers
Delrin shift cable bushings

wheels from 2003 with 205/50R15, 225/50R16 tires

Sony head unit ($175), Sirius radio ($120)
2 @ Kenwood KFC-6972ie 6"x9" , 2 @ Alpine SPS-600 6-1/2"/6-3/4", 1000W Pyle PLAD412 amp
8" speaker sub, under dash sub enclosure ($210), 2000W Kenwood amp

aftermarket MWR cruise control (~$330)
leather seats from 03+
6spd leather shift knob ($91)
top strap ($35)
JDM hood logo ($40)

ScanGuage II ($170)
Toyota service manuals ($150)

Here are some photos.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That is a really nicely appointed Spyder. I think the price is fair considering upgrades, but the upgrades lose value to non-enthusiasts. Hopefully you find someone around here that wants to pick it up and not have to part it out.

Why are you selling it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kipp alot of nice mod's, would have caused me to think twice before purchasing my current Spyder! Have only seen a few in Vegas in nice shape. Really hope your sale goes well, would be a shame to have to part out after all your work. If do decide to part out let me know as the mod's you've made are very close to what I would like to do, plus no shipping!

·
Registered
804 Posts
What LVSpyder said..... ;) I'm here also and am still looking around for some pins for that hitch...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. LVSPYDER AND VEGASPYDER. Unfortunately it is looking like I might be removing as many of the mods as I can and selling closer to stock.

If someone is looking for a a really good Spyder, I'm looking to deal if they are ready to buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.