MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supunna_picta @ Apr 1 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (walk_n_wind @ Mar 6 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just chiming in - another ScanGuage II user and another blinking ABS light (on my 2004 Spyder).[/b]
You know what the fix is!
[/b][/quote]

I think - I followed the thread and contacted Linear Logic for a special cable. I received the cable, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Whenever I finally do, I will report my results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same problem today.. only blinking when stopped. Turned off the second I started moving. Unplugged my Bluetooth obd2 and unplugged the positive terminal on the battery for about 30 mins for good measure. Turned back on and and hasn't popped back up yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually the light just stopped coming on. It could be something funny with the ScanGauge trying to connect using the CAN pins. Send me your address and I will have a special cable made for you with the pins removed to see if it fixes it.
I don't have a ScanGauge connected. Recently the ABS light blinks quickly at stop (same symptoms). I tried braking hard to see if ABS works and it does. I checked fluid levels, flushed fluids. Turning the key 10-15 times turns off the blinking light problem until you turn off the car again. People said it is because it takes a few turns for the relay to warm up, but that does not make any sense nor is that how electricity works. What cable are they talking about? I Googled LL non-CAN cable, but that is only if I have a ScanGauge, but I am not using one?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't have a ScanGauge connected. Recently the ABS light blinks quickly at stop (same symptoms). I tried braking hard to see if ABS works and it does. I checked fluid levels, flushed fluids. Turning the key 10-15 times turns off the blinking light problem until you turn off the car again. People said it is because it takes a few turns for the relay to warm up, but that does not make any sense nor is that how electricity works. What cable are they talking about? I Googled LL non-CAN cable, but that is only if I have a ScanGauge, but I am not using one?
Are you using an OBD2 bluetooth dongle?
The reason I ask is that I have 1 that freaks out the ABS system, and one that does not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Helowrench. Thanks for helping out. I do have an ODB2 dongle, but it's not plugged in. I had the infamous P0140 or third O2 sensor problem and had to delete the default code after installing a new one. It sometimes does not give a voltage though, so I use it to reset it and double check the voltage given by the O2 sensor. Either way, the ABS blinks only at stop, not when driving. Thanks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts