MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
It was probably Heeltoehero (spelled with 3's and stuff I think). Haven't seen his car in person but I've seen photos of it on here. He's the only guy on these forums in central FL with a blue MR2 that I can think of.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yep that was me! It was really fun, although I was pretty near the bottom of the totem pole there. It was my first drift event though and I "had my moments" as most people put it. It was good to see a another 2, even if it's in the parking lot ^_^

So this footage you speak of...I have very limited footage of that night (friends with cell phones and really dark, shaky go-pro footage). In no way do I expect you to, but if you wanted to be generous and either give me some of the footage of my car or throw some of my highlights together and post on youtube or something, that would be awesome. If not, I completely understand and I eagerly await any video from that night. Thanks.

P.S. You (meaning anyone) can just call me heel, or heeltoehero. I regret making my name in leet-speak...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can probably slap something together. Looks like I have 10 vids of you, but 2 might be when the camera cut out (hax = unstable, but amazing video :D ). I'll throw something up on YT or Vimeo soon.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can probably slap something together. Looks like I have 10 vids of you, but 2 might be when the camera cut out (hax = unstable, but amazing video :D ). I'll throw something up on YT or Vimeo soon.
I really appreciate it!

Haha, yeah, I hacked my Canon Powershot S3 and all the features were awesome, but it took 10 seconds to boot instead of 1, so that (and the annoyingly huge option list while hacked) made me put it back.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No one saw my car in the parking lot -___-

I saw your red mr2 Blue Bomber, Me and my buddy were the ones that screamed "WHAT!!!" When Eric came out and the annocer called it Miata jokingly.

I was going to give it shot also but my tires were alredy bald, you did very well Eric, keep at it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really appreciate it!

Haha, yeah, I hacked my Canon Powershot S3 and all the features were awesome, but it took 10 seconds to boot instead of 1, so that (and the annoyingly huge option list while hacked) made me put it back.
I've got a Panasonic GH2. Running a super high bitrate hack for smooth grain at high ISO. Works really well, burying my D7000's video. I can smooth out a ton of noise without losing major detail. Really the only issue is card compatibility, since the higher the quality, the faster the card you need. I've got the top card supported by the camera, the Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s Extreme Pro. Guess it doesn't like 1080i30 (I don't blame it :icon_wink: ).

I saw your red mr2 Blue Bomber, Me and my buddy were the ones that screamed "WHAT!!!" When Eric came out and the annocer called it Miata jokingly.

I was going to give it shot also but my tires were alredy bald, you did very well Eric, keep at it!
I was exhausted by the time it was over. Sorry for missing any car but my own, but I was ready to pass out (4hrs of twisting my torso back and forth while holding my upper body rigid = pwnt :eek: ).

I just got new Star Specs out back, and they don't last long as it is, so no dorifto for me. :eusa_whistle:

BTW, if anyone's interested, we're trying to put together a small MR2 run on Sunday:
http://www.mr2oc.com/showpost.php?p=5010286&postcount=41

The plans were finally finalized over the weekend, so feel free to swing by. I'll have my GoPro 2 stuck to my car and my D7000 for photos!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'll see what I can do, the gf and I are planning to do some stuff for our anniversary this weekend, I was hoping maybe we could tie in the route posted over on the OC but idk yet
Me and my fiancee will be in CA this week(end) so I won't make it, but possibly the following event...if the night autocross isn't too tempting.

Thanks! I didn't see you so I forgot you showed up.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I just moved to Orlando, by Millenia Mall. I never knew this happened every week, I might come out to this.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I work on Johnyoung and Presidents, I notcie that this is now the 5th spyder that frequents the area.

Kazou who works at KamiSpeed w/ a yellow spyder
manonthemoon who works in the same area as Kazou w/ a white spyder
Narcosis who is over near the FL Mall w/ a red spyder

HeelToeHero works at home,

We need to make a local meet for us, all interested say "aye"

Those 2nd gen guys can take a hike! I kid, I kid, let's do something!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I work on Johnyoung and Presidents, I notcie that this is now the 5th spyder that frequents the area.

I'm definitely in. Love meets, and the MKII guys seem to only come out like once or twice a year. -___-

·
Registered
577 Posts
I actually work over by Old Winter Garden rd and Kirkman, not too far away from you. Aye, btw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.