MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken a look at the copy of D-Sport that's on the shelves right now?

I've got to say, I'm fairly impressed. Usually I end up disliking car mags for lack of true content and advert/ricer overkill, but this one grabbed my attention right away, so I picked one up.

So far it's not a bad read, but what I really like is the bonus insert, which is as big as the mag itself. It has a list of do's and don'ts, is packed with info, as well as empty space to mark down all the parts and specs/tolerances/part numbers and notes for your own build. I'm not affiliated, but I think it's worth a look.

And I'm certainly not going to be blueprinting anytime soon, just more out of interest.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The entire concept of blue-printing is interesting - especially if you consider or are knowledgeable about modern manufacturing methods. Years ago, I would have believed that if an engine was blue-printed, you'd pick up a "ton" of benefits - power levels, RPM, reliability, etc. But with today's manufacturing methods: computer controlled manufacturing, Quality Control methods - especially guaging and measurement methods, including balancing of all internal components (to name a few), I'm not convinced that the money would be well spent.
I'd be interested in comments from guys that have had engines blue-printed recently and can speak with actual facts (not just opinions) on the subject.

·
Registered
365 Posts
DSport has been the one magazine that I have come to really like when it comes to import magazines. They have some really good articles in there. I have the newest one, but I haven't read through the blueprinting mag yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts