MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again with another problem. How do i fix the brake light being stuck? Its on even when i turn off ignition and I hve to pull the battery... any links would be appreciated. Cant find anything spyder specific

·
Registered
802 Posts
I agree with cheap but it's for sure not easy. Even with using something to compress the brake so you can get a hand and fingers to where the pad goes if you're a person of any size at all it's a very tight squeeze even with taking the seat out. I was about to give it up until I finally got it on the third try. Hope mine never goes again.

Check out this thread. It is likely the little contact pad that wore out. Cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn i was there more pics step by step
I have a general idea on whats going on now to YouTube...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the complete opposite but I think with the age of the MR2's it could be possible. My brake light would not light up at all. I went to the parts store and bought a $5 brake light switch. Its a push switch that goes at the top of the brake pedal. Its always on unless you press it, in my case I changed it an inmediately brake lights turned on, when I screwed it in and let the brake pedal come back to its original position lights turned off. $5 fix and about 30 minutes of work being my first time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had this same issue it ended up being the little pad that sits in the brake pedal mechanism. If you play around down there you should be able to manually release it and get the lights to turn off. Then you can see where its off without the pad. I just folded up an index card put it in there and its been running like that for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts