MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a test.

My appologies to members if this non-intro appears.
Have written three mails that have gone awol while ´pending approval´so not writing for .... again.

Petrus

p.s. appearently all sorted now. Will rewrite an intro later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take two

Buenos dias caballeros.

RAIN!!! Lovely rain.
After the dryest winter on record, finally some proper rain. Not too hard but a week of it in the prognostics.
Thus no farm work outside and made some time to write another introduction while enjoying a freshy pulled fragarant cappuccino mmmmmmm....

´Dutch´ because of where my parents lived when I was born, I moved to the south of Europe 9 years ago.
Note the brackets and not using ´emigrated´; I think national territories, royalty and such are thé biggest con in human history and think I should have an i.d. stating who I am, not where I was born nor do I ´belong´ to any nation. I do my best to be proud to be mé. If more people would do so, the world would be a much more enjoyable place no!?
Right, that out of the way, on the journey through time this way, I joined with a lovely liberal lady with whom I share a now 17 y.o. son and lighthearted life on a farm in the andalucian mountains.
Now we get to the MR that I bought because nów is the time to enjoy a totally impractical tiny fun car before I need a nurse to get in and out.
I will get back to that nurse in a moment.
Both mountain girl and son were very much against me buying the unpractical toy. My way too sensible son observed that it looks like a flattened frog so I dubbed it ´De Kikker´ which is The Frog in Dutch.

Meanwhile both are almost admitting that it ís fun and that the thing makes one smile.
To enhance the feeling I added some vinyl to the car to make it look a bit less serious.

On the more serious end I also added some 63 kilos of lightness sofar.
Having raced for 23 years (stopped when ... long/complicated story) I do just about revere lightness and the Spyder is a motivating project in this aspect.
Which brings me to my Malagueña gf who actually ís a nurse and who keeps on my case to loose some weight as well. Better for me ofcourse and now with the car she does not miss a síngle opening to score an easy point :black_eyed:

In all seriousness, I bought the MR2 (pre fl, smt)because I live in touge heaven.

Any broader, bigger, heavier, more powerful is simply a step backwards on the vast network of drivers´ roads here. It does not need a 2zz nor turbo; the smooth 1zz is just right for the mountain roads and propels the car quite fast enough.
From my farm track I drive onto a secondary road that hitches up to dáys of driving over the same. Very well maintained, stúnning views and hardly any traffic.
Just two weekends ago we encountered with an Ibex!!! rounding a corner and had to wait till she made way :D

It is also a country ooooozing history, culture, wonderful centuries old stories with relics still all around.
More of that later perhaps.
To round off my introduction I would like to wish you a fun life, A3VT, atrevete; go for it!

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Welcome and nice to see you made it. Look forward to seeing pictures of your Spyder
where is Andalusia located?
I wondered that too, so I looked on GM...it's Southern Spain. It has an interesting history.

Welcome aboard, Petrus!

·
Registered
22,969 Posts
Yep Spain and this member had so much to offer from his racing experience in Europe

He posted an introduction thread that went into moderation approval. He contacted me and I tried my best to get his posts approved and he was able to finally post. All of his introduction post was then gone so he decided to go though the trouble of making a new post which he spent a lot of time on and im sure it included beautiful scenery with his Spyder in the foreground.

Well that post got locked up and he decided to quit trying out of frustration.

Next time you think about praising and sucking up to the Admins just think of this post and for the record this has been happening to others so its not a glitch or a fluke.
At the same time there is spam that is able to post without any picture restrictions. Makes you wonder who is approving those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Y im sure it included beautiful scenery with his Spyder in the foreground.
Indeed. Tant pis; I already líve here so not missing out :black_eyed:

For those wondering:
Already added 75 kilos of lightness and going strong adding more :)

Thought I had reached the end of the mods several mods ago.
Yet the wish list grows faster than I can take them off:

Still have to take the exhaust heat shield off. Although that is for free need to make the time to get the rear bumper off.
Also still have the airbag light on.
Oh and the reinforcements I cut out of the bonnet I need to repair for the MoT.

The wishes are the lighter flywheel; to be adressed if/when the clutch needs replacing. KATCHING!!
Pass the MoD station to get a smalled licence plate approved in the vehicle docs. Katching.
Put lighter seat in. KATCHING!!
Mount a [email protected]@dy large rear wing. Katching.
By that time I will have added to the list... :-[

Already have a silly one floating in my head. Mind ´head´, not braín, hence silly one: Would lóve to take the rear view mirror out. I took the sunvisors out because they cramped my view. Go figure that mirror... ánd it is some 400 gramms too. Oh dear.
Etcetera.

First though, figuring out a human factor: How to get the gf´s to agree keep accompanying me on the rides through the stunning scenery in a Spartan lightweight bucket seat. There is 20 kilo to gain but that is just thingamy and don´t want to loose out on 65 or so kilos of charming company when I desire that.

p.s. this is a sketch of the route I did with my son. The to/fro Málaga to Barcelona needs be imagined. 4.000 kms of interior Spain.

p.s. you guys kow that the ´original´ of the Route 66 is in Spain and over 2.000 years old? Ok, only 1,248 km long but most of it right along the Mediterranean coast and áwesome. In March travelled a pre civil war (Spanish) bit with c-company and had to stop&wait for a beautiful Ibex on the road :color_:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wondered that too, so I looked on GM...it's Southern Spain. It has an interesting history.

Welcome aboard, Petrus!
Interesting indeed!
In my direct surroundings are archeological sites going unbroken from today´s us; Homo sapiens to neandertal to heidelbergensis. The exact same sites!!
More cool still when one realises that I carry 4% neandertal DNA. That DNA came from sapiens interbreeding neadertal into its species, than following the retracting ice north where my ancestors preserved the it till I moved south agian where it cam from.
Oh and the Ibex population living in the mountains here, that was the staple diet species of the Neandertal population which lived in a local cave for over 200.000 years.
What a perspective to live iin!

Oh and more recently:
Have a look up at ´La Hoya de Archidona´.
There is a youtube I am not allowed to link to.
That is a 7 km. long 2500 y.o. wall on top of a circular mountain formation. Just about unknown to historians and right at the end of my favourite touge route of 11 kms from the village where I reside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your actions have sorted some effect Dev!!

There is a second intro from Andalucía now.

Two more, follow us to thís thread, are still pending in cyberspace.

As you observed have quite a lot more to share but that is supended till things go through without glitches.
For those who wonder about the geography; have a look at Isle of Man too. They hold (motor)races there ;-)
Oh and a look at the map/geography of the iberian peninsula. The past two years did, with my son as co-pilot, some 4000 kilometers of camino (dirt road) in competition kriscrossing the most deserted parts of the country. Including the only Europena desert; where all the spaghetti westerns were shot.
To round this off; look up Alhama de Granada. That is a morning´s drive through stúnning scenery from where I live. It is where Queen Isabella signed the contract with Columbus. She was desperate for funds as she was about to launch a campaign to rob Granada from the Moors, and so the Americas were (re)discovered.
A great place for lunch, overlooking the gorge; rock pigeons, the ancestors of our flying rats, roostng in the cliff face accross.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Petrus
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing