MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for thee thoughts from those of you that are good with your hands. I got the steel rods from the guy that was fabricating the bike hitch mounts. Sadly, he isn't making them any more, I was thinking of using this receiver as the host. Some cutting will be need to trim the ends but this seems to allow for some drop in the actual receiver so everything doesn't sit so high. The rods will still go though the main bar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should be the same rods since I got them from the Steven. He sent me some drawing and I'm assuming their your design so if you give it the go ahead, I'm good with that! BTW, the arm rest is awesome!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It should be the same rods since I got them from the Steven. He sent me some drawing and I'm assuming their your design so if you give it the go ahead, I'm good with that! BTW, the arm rest is awesome!
May I ask who Steven is? I'd love to get a set as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New guy here. New Girl friend has 2003 MR2 spyder and wants a bike rack for her e bike. After looking at the car I came up with my basic concept and after some research found cyclehead’s pics somewhere and we are really on the same page! I wanted to find this guy to see if he was building these but as discovered here he’s no longer doing this so time to build this my self. I like the drop down receiver idea to lower the whole thing down some and we’ll most likely just build that too unless I find something off the shelf like the op found. Now time to go and find all the parts and get the welder going. I don’t know how to MIG, yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m wondering just how far the drop down 2” receiver can go? Getting that off the shelf hitch would be nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for thee thoughts from those of you that are good with your hands. I got the steel rods from the guy that was fabricating the bike hitch mounts. Sadly, he isn't making them any more, I was thinking of using this receiver as the host. Some cutting will be need to trim the ends but this seems to allow for some drop in the actual receiver so everything doesn't sit so high. The rods will still go though the main bar.

View attachment 82217
This have a part number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts