MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of years, my wife and I have entered our spyder in the Cambria Lions Club car show and each year taken 2nd place in the import division each year. Here is a link to show pictures of last year’s car show:

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...2nd-Place-In-The-Cambria-Car-Show!&highlight=

We will be there again this year – with no expectations of winning (since there are always some beautiful exotics that will take first place. I would love to see a bunch of MR2 Spyders in the show. Each year there are groupings of cars (e.g. a lot of the mustangs park together; a lot of the corvairs park together, etc.) and I would love to see a grouping of MR2 Spyders together in the show. The entry fee is only $40 and includes T-shirt, meal ticket(s) and goodie-bags. The car show is on Sunday of Labor Day weekend and there is even a parade the night before that we could all participate. This is a great family friendly car show. Cambria, California is a beautiful little sea-side town on the Central Coast near Hurst Castle.
If you are interested in participating, here is the link for the car show sign-up:

http://www.pinedorado.com/carshow.htm

Let me know if you if you sign-up and plan to attend and I’ll see about coordinating activities (e.g. keeping everyone posted about where to meet so we can drive-in together and park in the show together; be in the parade together). Saturday before the show we could do a Spyder ride, if that is of interest.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Labor Day Weekend

Parade: Saturday, September 1, 2012
Car Show: Sunday, September 2, 2012

Deadline to enter the parade is July 5th (the way I read it on their website. Want to be in a parade?

http://www.pinedorado.com/Parade.htm

I was not able to access their "rules" page on the internet tonight, so I am not even certain we could enter the parade, but it would be cool if we could

I sent the organizers an email identifying that the webpage did not work and asked for input. I'll keep ya'll posted.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Too much commitment for the parade, July 5th is around the corner, they don't have a deadline to enter the car show though? I mean this is all pipe dreams at the moment but would be fun and put me in an excellent place of some nice scenic areas etc.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Checking out some things and I will update later...Maybe for now. :)

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received confirmation of my entry into the show today. I'm still hoping some other Spyder owners will enter the show so we have a bunch of spyders this year. It could be a wonderful mini-meet for us and a new and improved car show, made possible by a bunch of spyders showing up. :lol:

After the show there is always Highway One up the California Coast -- incredible views and lots of twisties, if one is so inclined.

Here's hoping you will register for the event and be a part of the show. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know if they are still taking entry fees for this, but thought I would bump it to the top again, just in case anyone wants to try to get in on this on short notice. My offer still stands for us to get together for dinner at the house the night before the Cambria show. Let me know. use the link in the first post to check and see if they are still taking entries.

Hope to see you there.

Uncle Mush

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well . . . I got a T-shirt and Lisa won a set of Cocacola mugs :lol: Competition was just too steep for us this year. The 1999 Ferrari (that we beat-out 2 years ago for 2nd place and which took first place last year) 355 took First place and a beautifully restored Jaguar from the 50's took 2nd place. I think 3rd place was the early 60's Jaguar XKE. It was a beautiful day. They staged our car right-up front by stage where the band played and announcments were made, so we had a great place to watch the rest of the show. They needed a small car in that space and we fit the bill! Ivan (Vango on SpyderChat) from Tulare came by with his cousin to say hi. That was cool. The fellow who took first place lives in Cambria and his 355 is absolutly beautiful. To give an idea of how much more money a true exotic costs to maintain or restore . . . the interior of his car -- mostly leather with a little carbon fiber -- cost $17,000 to remove and replace so that the car continues to look showroom new. I got to spend some time talking with the owner (Doug) who is a very nice and down to earth kind of guy who loves cars. Doug also won the kids vote for best car in the show. I took some pics of my car next to his 355 and also of the interior. Here you go . . .

·
Registered
729 Posts
Your car is really nice and clean, but it's definitely tough to compete when his interior costs more than a Spyder. I'm sure having the Ferrari name just commands votes from some as well. Maybe next year go ricer mods and win the kids vote? Btw I like his trophy-shift knob mod :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Very cool. Maybe I can make it next year...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hope you guys had fun. It was insane that all the older cars we're restored I would say at a higher level than off the line. That Ferrari was great! Shelby's, GTO's, and even MG cars were present. They had a mustang rated at 805 hp. All good really would be a good idea to bring in some mr2's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.