MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend just finished detailing our cars. So what was left was to go off and take the required glory shots right. We tried to play around with different angles, lighting, and new ideas vs the normal 3/4 shots.

Took a pic through the mk2 turned out rather nice

Switched places for this one notice the gloves :lol:

Nice shiny paint not bad for the factory single stage paintjob on the mk2.

Playing around a parking garage

Wallpaper Photo

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Nice. I know a guy with a MK2 with 200.000 miles on it (mostly his). If you see it, you would swear it came rolling from the factory yesterday. Unbelievable. First paint, first engine.

If you see my MK3, you would swear I have always driven behind a truck, loaded with gravel....:lol:

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
I like the composition in the first shot. Picture three is little too soft.

Overall nice result and I don't want to sound like a photo snob because I am spoiled on good equipment and usually I often say that it is the person taking the picture and not the equipment but in this case it's the equipment.
The pictures exhibit quiet a bit of noise and softness. What kind of camera was used?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice. I know a guy with a MK2 with 200.000 miles on it (mostly his). If you see it, you would swear it came rolling from the factory yesterday. Unbelievable. First paint, first engine.

If you see my MK3, you would swear I have always driven behind a truck, loaded with gravel....:lol:
That's about how high the miles are on the mk2 I think my friend has about 198k on the clock last time I checked. That and the paint was pink before we did a full detail on it.

The Camera I used was just some old point and shoot I had for the last 5 years. I think it's only a 4meg camera the size of a brick.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Picture one is dope as fuuuu

he also needs to adjust his erected parking brakes.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
The Camera I used was just some old point and shoot I had for the last 5 years. I think it's only a 4meg camera the size of a brick.
Time for an upgrade. I really do like the first pictures composition. Get a used new or used Rebel with a 40mm pancake lens and go pass your limitations. If not try and manual set your point and shoot camera at 100 iso and shoot the same shot using a cheap table top tripod and it would make a big difference.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time for an upgrade. I really do like the first pictures composition. Get a used new or used Rebel with a 40mm pancake lens and go pass your limitations. If not try and manual set your point and shoot camera at 100 iso and shoot the same shot using a cheap table top tripod and it would make a big difference.
Got my hands on a nice Nikon camera. Have no idea how to use it as it's my friend's. But maybe when time permits I'll do the photo thing again with a nice camera.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Got my hands on a nice Nikon camera. Have no idea how to use it as it's my friend's. But maybe when time permits I'll do the photo thing again with a nice camera.
See if you can shoot from a mini tripod mount and set the timer. That alone will greatly improve the sharpness of the image.
If it's a Nikon SLR use the mirror lock function.

·
Registered
729 Posts
See if you can shoot from a mini tripod mount and set the timer. That alone will greatly improve the sharpness of the image.
If it's a Nikon SLR use the mirror lock function.
Even without a tripod, poor man's trick is to still use a short timer so the force of you pressing the shutter button won't shake the image

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Even without a tripod, poor man's trick is to still use a short timer so the force of you pressing the shutter button won't shake the image
Yes that works well and I do that sometimes but usually on a tripod when I don't have a remote shutter.

These kind of twilight shots are very difficult to pull off without a tripod and it either makes or breaks a camera. High noise and softness will haunt these kind of photos.

You can use a faster lens but then again you would reduce depth of field which would not be ideal for the background. You can increase the shutter speed but then again you would have more noise because of the increase in high ISO. The only way to get a nice still image especially at sunset or dusk is a tripod.

When it comes to tripods that is a whole other avenue and for it to make the most effective difference you need to spend.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
newer camera check, mini tripod check, free time damb it I knew I would end up missing something :(
It seems like you are good to go. Just see if you can manually set your cameras ISO to 100 - 400 .
What will happen is that the tripod will hold the camera still while the shutter stays open for a longer time. It has to be absolutely still so set the timer and move away from the camera.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The last pic by the water looking out over the city at night, where was that taken? It looks like a pretty cool city skyline at night.
It's the Seattle skyline from a beach we have called Alki. It's a nice place to take pics at night or day. Just really hard to do it during the day due to boat traffic. We were parked at a boat launch. Thanks for the comments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.