I'd like to know how many Spyders there are here in Alberta:
We should get a list going since I know of 4 for sure I'll start:
1. Lethbridge AB- Alex (Axle) Silver 2001
Airdrie AB - Larry, Silver 2003 SMT/HT

·
Registered
169 Posts
i saw another red
spyder in edmonton friday. i was unhappy, i think it was rhd.
which means my car has depreciated since jdm ones are coming in

·
Registered
686 Posts
i saw another red
spyder in edmonton friday. i was unhappy, i think it was rhd.
which means my car has depreciated since jdm ones are coming in
I don't like jdm ones flooding the market either.. however I think LHD will still maintain a premium for a few reasons.. one being not a lot of insurers are willing to insure RHD (at least here in Ontario) and the premiums are higher.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Prince Edward Island has prohibited the registration of any further RHD vehicles in the province. The ones that are here have to have "Right Hand Drive"in large letters on the back of the vehicle.

I don't think RHD vehicles will ever have the appeal of LHD vehicles in Canada.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a complete set of BC BR series coilovers in Toronto ready to ship throughout Canada.

$800 CDN

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey Steelers. I am in Charlottetown. I’ve got a 2000 and a 2002 that I’ve had for several years. Both are black and have a few cosmetic mods including a hardtop I got from Sal in the Toronto area. We should get together sometime.

·
Registered
686 Posts
MR2 GTA Cruise SATURDAY AT 3 PM – 5:30 PM
Cruise on Saturday September 19th, sort of an end of season drive. Alt weather date for the weekend following Saturday Sept 26th.
Meet up location Caledon East Community Complex. Proceed through Hockley, Caledon, Alton, Terra Cotta, Georgetown, Limehouse, Halton, Cambelville, Burlington and finish in Waterdown at a classic Japanese car show.

·
Registered
42 Posts
MR2 GTA Cruise SATURDAY AT 3 PM – 5:30 PM
Cruise on Saturday September 19th, sort of an end of season drive. Alt weather date for the weekend following Saturday Sept 26th.
Meet up location Caledon East Community Complex. Proceed through Hockley, Caledon, Alton, Terra Cotta, Georgetown, Limehouse, Halton, Cambelville, Burlington and finish in Waterdown at a classic Japanese car show.
Ahh! I just got my first MR2 this week and I'm in GTA. So cool to know others are out there, I didn't even know you guys had meets. Count me in for next summer!

Out of curiosity, do you know anyone that can assist with getting a safety for this thing. Brought it in from Alberta and it doesn't have DRL. UGH!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, hopefully it won't be long and there will be other Canadian MR2 owners beside myself. I think I must be one of the only Canadian MR2 Spyder owner, but like I said, more to come!

I think the car is an unknown quantity here. People are all on the JDM bandwagon right now (Skylines etc) and the MR2 Spyder is far far down what people are thinking of importing.

In my personal experience, I 'took a chance'. It wasn't really what I was thinking of buying when I flew in to LAX (I was thinking 350Z....). I also wonder how people who have never see the car or heard much about it will react to owning one?

On my drive back people were outright shocked. There was a lot of 90 degree head snapping, double takes all the way hope (especially in Canada) and it truly is a one of a kind car at the moment. If there's any Canadians reading this and you're on the fence about importing one, buying one, DO IT!

I had a similar experience when I bought my MR2 last August. I live in SK and I have only seen one other MR2, so pretty rare in my province. I imported my car from a dealership just outside of Seattle -- great experience! I have never had so much fun with a car... really, really enjoying the experience.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a real carbon fiber (not wrapped) hardtop in Toronto available, complete with lexan window, seals and latches. Asking $3K USD or equivalent in CDN dollars. I also have a new oem glass window that is available for purchase separately if the buyer does not like lexan.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I think if I lived in Canada I'd have to have one of these , Anyone on here have one .

481 - 496 of 496 Posts