MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Caveat: At sufficient speed to generate the g-forces needed to deform the tyres.
I think it's more about the changing camber angle from suspension travel / body roll. And pretty much everyone runs more camber in the front than the rear. Less camber in the rear gives better straight line acceleration since it offers a better contact patch.
Everyone car park racing perhaps.
For the rest: as you please.

·
Registered
770 Posts
When you lower these cars you start gaining positive camber with any amount of body roll since it's a McPherson strut design.
Because that is a given and the car is set up for that it is irrelevant unless you lower the car a LOT and therefor mostly operating in the end range of wheel travel.

I remain that for the ZZW30 the set up for fast street, touge and track is more rear than front negative camber because the car is heavier at the rear.
My seriously lighter pfl is -2 and -2,5 with Sportivo springs and Whitelines on standard spec, tyre sizes. Use is hard & fast street/ ´touge´ on real world tarmac.
The lighter weight and not much lower springs makes the ride hight only just below OEM; 15-20 mm front, 10-15 rear.
Because I have a more rearward weight bias, it could do with more negative at the back but it makes for more oversteered at low speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts