MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
01 Spyder
177 Posts
Crash bolts. I just aligned mine myself (Hunter rack) and with crash bolts I easily set the front to -2.5 (rear -1.5, also using crash bolts).

·
Registered
01 Spyder
177 Posts
Is that on coilovers or struts with no built-in adjustment?
Tein Monosport coilovers, which have adjustable top hats; though I decided to leave the top hats as is and adjust with crash bolts. The crash bolts allowed more than enough adjustment (I could have gone up to around -3 I think).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tein Monosport coilovers, which have adjustable top hats; though I decided to leave the top hats as is and adjust with crash bolts. The crash bolts allowed more than enough adjustment (I could have gone up to around -3 I think).
Appreciate it. Just trying to get an idea of how much camber should be possible with different setups so I can figure out if my car is out of whack.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
Maybe the lower strut mount holes are not cut right so its pushing top of wheels out

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That's very interesting. Mine are maxed out and not touching the strut towers yet. I just picked up some two dot crash bolts from the dealer today, but I'm going to look at swapping the camber plates instead. I really appreciate it man

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's very interesting. Mine are maxed out and not touching the strut towers yet. I just picked up some two dot crash bolts from the dealer today, but I'm going to look at swapping the camber plates instead. I really appreciate it man
Can you post a pic of them, will be easier to see if there's an issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, that is around the wrong way , as one of the others suggested might have to swap it to the other coilover. See the zero on the markings, you have two lines towards the middle of the car, it should be the side with six, ask me how I know 🙂

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hi, that is around the wrong way , as one of the others suggested might have to swap it to the other coilover. See the zero on the markings, you have two lines towards the middle of the car, it should be the side with six, ask me how I know 🙂
Do you have fortune coilovers too?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
@k_swap_it

The cut out in your cambler plate seems ... wrong? No reason for it to max out negative cable dead center and have more than it can handle in the positive direction.

EDIT: So even though they marked the coilovers FL and FR they swapped the camber plates? One of the reasons I didn't go with FA is reading all the threads about screwed up coilovers for the Spyder, even if it's an easy/silly problem to fix.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts