MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not desirable but anyone take their Spyder to a car wash? I wrecked my daily driver a Honda CRZ and have been driving my Spyder SMT. Now its to cold to wash by hand. I got waved off because the car is to low by one. I have done one where theres a robot goes around the car no track. Worked ok. Just wondering if anyone used one with a track.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Never really too cold to wash by hand, as long as it's above freezing so you don't leave ice. The trick is filling your wash & rinse buckets with hot water. I'll admit it does feel best if done on at least a 40 degree sunny day without much wind.

·
Registered
2004 with lsd
22 Posts
Live in spokane. Wash my tundra and wife's rav4 by hand several times each winter.
Always use warm water in soap bucket and choose a sunny day, often above 36 degrees.
Each of those cars take way longer to wash than my spyder, which sits in garage under cover waiting for spring.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've taken mine to places with tracks before. If it's a nicer (?) one that has attendants manning a windshield/bug removal spray station at the entrance I've asked them to retract the brushes for my trip in since I only typically need a decent spray-down. Totally doable but I try to make sure the wash isn't super busy so I'm not massively inconveniencing the workers.

My car's lowered about 2" or so from stock height and I've not had an issue with tracks but I much prefer a 'put it in park' brushless robot one if I can't hand-wash my car.

Either way, make sure your soft top drainage bags aren't clogged up since it's a lot of water draining outta there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know it's not desirable but anyone take their Spyder to a car wash? I wrecked my daily driver a Honda CRZ and have been driving my Spyder SMT. Now its to cold to wash by hand. I got waved off because the car is to low by one. I have done one where theres a robot goes around the car on the track. Worked ok. Just wondering if anyone used one with a track.
I've taken mine thru the neutral track style and it did a good job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts