MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CarFax does not include frame damage in its reports. Autocheck.com will provide frame damage and much more.

·
10,809 Posts
If a car has been diagnosed by the insurance company as having frame damage - or the cost of repairs exceeds a certain percentage of the vehicle's value - the title become "salvage".

Some states do not report titles as "salvage".

There is a bill going through Congress to establish a nationwide VIN and insurance database, IIRC.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Carfax shows frame damage. It did on my wife's old civic. And by frame damage, all that was damaged was a small part of the unibody by the front left headlight that was straightened. It showed up on the carfax as frame damage. Found that out when we bought the HiHy and were seeing what they would give us as a trade in. I believe my response to their offer was something like "I'd rather drive this car of a F-ing cliff than sell it to you for that!". ... anyway..... Frame damage will show up. But not all things are reported to carfax. So you can only trust it so far.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
i did a car fax on a car that way already totalled and it was all good lol
My car had over 10,000 in damage.. Carfax reported nothing

·
Registered
10,701 Posts
Mine had $9K in damage, and nothing showed up on Carfax.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
My 1st MR2 Spyder was hit in the rear fender by a WRX drifting around an intersection, or so I was told. Professionally fixed. Nothing on the Carfax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts