MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to track down an issue I'm experiencing currently. All three of these things started occurring simultaneously about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure if they're related. I'm getting a code for a misfire on cylinder 4 (P0304) with a noticeable roughness. Also, the battery will drain to dead fairly quickly. I installed a used Hass turbo kit near the end of December and the only issues I've experienced is running rich and the normal MAF cleaning issues. I'm kinda stumped on what the issue is to be honest.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Presume the Turbo Install was followed by a Piggy?..

Piggy Wiring.. Wired Improperly causing the Drain>

Bigger Injectors.. One Bad?..
Swap them around and see if you can move the Missfire to another Cyl..

Or.. Bypass the Piggy, and Put in 'Normal' Injectors.. thake it for a Drive ( Stay out of boost ) and see if it misses..

Cap

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Piggy was used with a harness kit thing from MWR, so I don't think it is that. Gauges maybe? I'll try switching the injectors, but I won't have an update until later. I've got to recharge the battery.

·
Registered
553 Posts
New plugs or old? Pull them to see if they are fouling. Check injectors. Unhook all electronics one by one to eliminate battery drain if you are certain it's not the piggy back.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, sorry for the long update. I ruled out the injectors, and found out the plugs are fouled. I've been running rich, but the tuner said that was normal with a turbo set up. My question now is should I switch to a warmer plug or get the same temperature plugs and get a better tune?

EDIT: Nope it's definitely the injectors. I forgot my cylinder firing order.:icon_redface:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tracked down the power gremlin and got the injector changed, which got rid of the misfire. The car promptly started to shoot white smoke out of the exhaust afterward. The turbo was recently rebuilt if that's anything. I really hope this isn't a headgasket issue. I'm at my wit's end now.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, there's no coolant in the oil, so a head gasket issue is looking less likely. (I hope.) If it is the turbo, I'm not sure what to do about that. It's been rebuilt, has the proper oil restrictor, and the the oil line has had all the slack taken out. If anyone can help out, I'd be very grateful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts