MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I can read my codes anytime, anywhere, for € 26, including shipping. In my opinion, this is a basic tool, just like a screwdriver or a wrench.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I was just looking into wireless/bluetooth OBDII scanners. Seems there are just a few primary contenders: some stuff with an "Elm 327" chip, and some higher-end, more reliable stuff made by a company called Kiwi, and some stuff made by GoPoint. I haven't completed my research in any way shape or form, but it's something to look into. If any spyderchatters know anything about this stuff, I'd love to hear what they have to say.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have the Actron CP9575 and I'm happy with it. It reads codes, tells you the description and also shows the emission monitors and other data.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
If you have a smartphone, use the "Torque" app and a cheap bluetooth scanner.

If you want to have the most diagnostics capability into your car, buy a Mongoose (or, even a "Mangoose") and use your laptop.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have a couple of serial port ELM scan units hanging around... you can have one for real cheap (like, $15 shipped). But I'd still recommend Torque and a bluetooth unit. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Emissions?

Do any of the above support emission particles concentration? That would be nice to have before heading out the door for the test...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.