MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the CEL light automatically turn off once the problem is fixed or do I have to disconnect the battery to reset it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes the CEL will reset itself after the problem has been corrected, but not immediately. You will have to drive a number of miles and/or driving cycles until the ECU is satisfied that the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes the CEL will reset itself after the problem has been corrected, but not immediately. You will have to drive a number of miles and/or driving cycles until the ECU is satisfied that the problem is fixed.
Couldn't have said it better. What did you change O2 sensor?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you change O2 sensor?
I've been running a Pepboys cone air filter for about a year without any issues. The filter was dirty so I replaced it with with the same kind of filter (it is cheaper to replace then to clean.. $20). I drove it about 500 ft and the engine hesitate and the CEL came on. After that I cleaned the MAF (it was dirty) and also checked for leaks in the intake. Engine is running fine now. I haven't driven it far enough to see if the CEL would turn off.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've been running a Pepboys cone air filter for about a year without any issues. The filter was dirty so I replaced it with with the same kind of filter (it is cheaper to replace then to clean.. $20). I drove it about 500 ft and the engine hesitate and the CEL came on. After that I cleaned the MAF (it was dirty) and also checked for leaks in the intake. Engine is running fine now. I haven't driven it far enough to see if the CEL would turn off.
In that case I would of rule the MAF also, usually cleaning the MAF solve the problem.After 50 to 60 miles it should go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts