MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So The spyder was one of my first real midship sports cars and it did damn well for me. I have a "friend" that just turned his 2-eleven into a center seat ride, and my spyder is currently in the garage as a project/ track car and have always thought it would be a great center seat track ride.
What will be some of the harder tasks to get this done?
Thanks.
Stay classy spyderchat:cool:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Rerouting all the collant lines, cables and modifying your steering is going to be a pain. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
You could knock out the storage bins and move 2 seats to the rear of the center driver seat like the McLaren - A board member named Sivfart could probably help you with the fabrication.

Or, you could leave it alone.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Shifting with your butt will be challenging.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
go to the Big Green Book Vol. 2 section BO(body) page 46.

there is the answer to the OP's question.:cool:

hey! who am i to question the corporate wisdom of a mega corporation like Mr. T?:lol:

i'm really surprised that no one has commented on this before.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
go to the Big Green Book Vol. 2 section BO(body) page 46.

there is the answer to the OP's question.:cool:

hey! who am i to question the corporate wisdom of a mega corporation like Mr. T?:lol:

i'm really surprised that no one has commented on this before.
still no comment?

i guess no one is willing to actually look it up

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
So The spyder was one of my first real midship sports cars and it did damn well for me. I have a "friend" that just turned his 2-eleven into a center seat ride, and my spyder is currently in the garage as a project/ track car and have always thought it would be a great center seat track ride.
What will be some of the harder tasks to get this done?
Thanks.
Stay classy spyderchat:cool:
The hardest part of this project will be forgetting about it because it can't, and shouldn't, be done.

·
Banned
415 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts

You'll notice the Lotus has a flat floor.
The Spyder has a substantial spine in the center.
That alone should be enough to convince you that installing the seat in the center is not a good idea.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Here's the thought that needs to go through your head. You spent countless hours and money to do it. For what? To look like mclaren f1? Yea, that's who you are.
To each their own. I see it as a single seat race car from a person with some serious design and fab skills. You can say the same thing about any of the engine swaps and mods people do as a waste of money and time. Being financially wise was never part of this hobby you do it because you enjoy it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts