MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
4,949 Posts
=-0p;./banmeplease

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
$100 sounds like a good deal, if they do a good job.
I saw the work they did on the mr2 turbo headers and it was beautiful. I'd put one in a curio cabinet if my girlfriend would let me.

It's a satin black, and best part. The shop is only 10 miles from where I live. Turn around time is 3-4 days on a small tubular header.

But of course, I was trying to remove my 3 Amigo studs tonight with an E10 socket and shear both of them. I ABHOR :mrs_2gunsfiring_v1:rust! 4 bolts sheared in total.

I have some pics from the shop. Cool place! Great guys!

ATS Racing - All they do is Mark II's but they have it down to a science.

And this cool 308 project car they had. Surprisingly, he said it drives a lot like the Mark II.

Also, DFW guys. There is a track weekend coming up. $150 and you get your own personal instructor. I should probably make another thread about it.

· Registered
12,301 Posts
I'm not seeing the stains from the pb blaster either. Exhaust almost always needs that. I would never try to remove anything without it.
Don't forget the anti-sieze when you reinstall.
We pb blastered the hell out of everything... ;) Hence the shiny bit near the amigo.

· Registered
882 Posts
It looks like the same stuff I used except I bought the titanium color.
Techline is are the guys that supply the stuff to the header coating places.

I feel that it had a great effect of reducing temperatures but over time sorry to say the high radiant heat returned.

I am now looking into this.

http://www.jscspeed.com/universal/thermotec/heat_barrier.htm
So you say that Techline coating didn’t turn out all that good?

I have a header and full exhaust that I’m still looking to get coated. I had though about taking the exhaust pieces somewhere to get sandblasted and then do the Techline coating myself.

I also talked to HPC about doing the coating, but lost interest in them after the total quote went over $650.

Anyone know a good coatings shop in the Carolinas.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.