MR2 SpyderChat banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)

This is the large Chongo. It fit a little extra snug but handled the wind well. I am in love with them. I did a quality control on every article and the last few remaining inventory offers just went out! Your gonna love the way you look. :love_heart::love_heart:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really want a set of big ones. Let me know how long it will be, I'll make my own if I missed this bus.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
They are out!

I spent a long time last night getting the packaging all squared away. The common flat rate padded envelope was just a little small for the large set. All paid items shipped. The only chongo's I have right now is the large pair on my car and a semi-claimed small set. I am about to attempt to fill in everyone's tracking numbers via Paypal, or if you gifted i'll send you a PM. Looks like everyone will get them either Friday or Saturday.

I will post again very shortly with install instructions since these are a mirrored symmetrical design.
After feedback I will make a couple changes to the design to eliminate the sharp edges and promote a better bent. In two weeks I will start another run!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hopefully everyone can have them installed by Sunday 20:00PST for the synchronized chongo-space event. Everyone focus on visualizing the rear TRD bar during the event please.

Oh yeah, when you get them please contribute feedback so we can make them even better for run 2.

·
Registered
23 Posts

This is the large Chongo. It fit a little extra snug but handled the wind well. I am in love with them. I did a quality control on every article and the last few remaining inventory offers just went out! Your gonna love the way you look. :love_heart::love_heart:
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
23,002 Posts
Congrats. They look a bit better then the original. If I didn't have my original Mongo I would picked up a pair.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,832 Posts
I am in for one of the next sets. Maybe that will help with the bees killing themselves on my mirrors at speed and then hitting me in the face.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Congrats. They look a bit better then the original. If I didn't have my original Mongo I would picked up a pair.
Thanks, I couldn't do it without the help of veteran members like yourself. Either through emulating your business models or the efforts y'all have made to maintain the status quo.
I am in for one of the next sets. Maybe that will help with the bees killing themselves on my mirrors at speed and then hitting me in the face.
I think this product may benefit you. I'm going to start a new interest list, I'll add you. The next run will see improvements!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got mine!

Arrived safely in the mail today, and look great! Here's a comparison of the small Mongo and the small Chongo. Vic, the insertion lip on the chongo is wider than the original, you could safely shave 1/8" up to about 1/4" off it without messing up the functionality and it might be a little easier to slip in. Can't road-test it right away, heading out for the weekend and I've got a load of stuff to haul, but I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's reactions.

thumbnail.jpg

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Arrived safely in the mail today, and look great! Here's a comparison of the small Mongo and the small Chongo. Vic, the insertion lip on the chongo is wider than the original, you could safely shave 1/8" up to about 1/4" off it without messing up the functionality and it might be a little easier to slip in. Can't road-test it right away, heading out for the weekend and I've got a load of stuff to haul, but I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's reactions.

View attachment 65687
Awesome! This is exactly the kind of input I require. After seeing the small Mongo next to my small Chongo, I feel a lot better about my designs!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Got mine in the mail today! And actually had time to tinker with the car a bit. Once back together I installed the small Chongos, dropped the top and went for a drive. Excellent work sir! Very pleased with how such a small piece can change the the airflow so much.
Constructive feedback:
1. I agree with the above that the inserted tab doesn't have to be as wide. I felt like I was pushing them pretty hard to get them all the way "in." I also think the inserted section doesn't need to be as thick and could be routed down... That would probably increase cost thou. I may try this someday on one of my sets just to see how it comes out.
2. I think there could be just a couple more degrees of bend to make them end up parallel to the window. I'll try to take a pic or two of what I mean during daylight tomorrow.

All in all your effort has made my car more enjoyable, and I haven't even tried the large ones yet. Commendations and looking forward to round two!

41 - 60 of 142 Posts