MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used che header -- Selling cheap cause I dont want to store it any longer, $75

Will trade straight across for a JDM Nav Pod -or-

trade + cash for either a footwell style 8" sub enclosure or DWM non-cupholder center console.

Also have NIB Wiseco pistons to trade if anybody has what I'm looking for.

Email Justins311 at hot mail dot com

·
Registered
167 Posts
Funny how there's no mentioning that it doesnt fit correctly... Or does it now fit correctly? Last I heard, you filed a claim with Paypal telling them I sent you a faulty product, but now it seems that isn't true? Hmmm, things don't seem to add up here.

FYI to everyone else - To my understanding, this header does fit fine, and this is a great deal! Im just not sure why Justin was originally saying that this part didn't fit correctly, then disclosed it could probably work, and now is selling with NO DISCLOSURE whatsoever.

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...k-more.-Willing-to-trade-for-quiet-er-catback

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same exact disclosure, I PMd him when he said he was interested. I'm about to throw it in the garbage as its more of an annoyance than anything (kind of like you).

You lied to me and ignored me for months. The PayPal claim sure woke you up didn't it? Funny how that works :)

The header is in good shape, no cracks, and the bungs are all good. I wasn't very impressed with fitment but others on the board told me none of them are "perfect" as it is a lowe cost part

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you 15? I thought you were a college kid. You've come back to this thread FOUR times now re-editing your "slams" on me - first little wheezy, now Eminem? Do you not have a life?

Lets review to determine who the a-hole is here:

1) 6/25/11 You advertise a header for sale. I contact you and you tell me it fits PERFECTLY and you had no issues with it what-so-ever. I pay TWICE as much as I'm asking for said PERFECT header.

2) I go to install it a week or so later and I don't think it fits PERFECTLY. You then tell me it must have gotten "bent in shipping" (?!) because your buddy (now its not you) installed it and told you it fit PERFECTLY. I tell you I'll go take pictures of where I dont think it fits that great. I send you the pictures. YOU IGNORE ME FOR 7 WEEKS.

3) I get tired of my car being down so I just gut my stock precat and put it back together. Now I have a header sittting here I don't need.

4) 8/17/11 (almost 2 months and a dozen texts and emails later, only the first of which you respond to) I finally give up on your HONESTY and file a paypal claim. All the sudden you come back around and start calling me, what was it, a "sneaky low life for going and filing a paypal claim against you instead of just talkign to you about it" because you were so busy with "school" (I thought college, turns out Junior High?). Ironic calling me a sneaky low life, eh?

5) I repost said header for sale for HALF of what I paid you for it and tell people who are interested that I didn't think it fit so great. I get all sorts of responses like "Che headers all don't fit perfectly, I usually have to use a pry-bar to install them". I say WHAT-EVER, its not up to my standards so its HALF PRICE, I don't need it.

6) You decide to come in here and try to make me look BAD for selling a part that supposedly fits like other ones, for HALF price. You gloss over the fact that if you would have talked to me over that 8 week period we could have come to some sort of agreement, but instead you ignore me and ignore the fact that you're a LIAR (IT FITS PERFECTLY) and a CHEAT (IGNORE ME FOR 2 MONTHS) and go on and on about how I'm selling a header that doesn't fit perfectly.

So....here you are spreading your dirty laundry in the for sale section.

I still have a header for sale, it still supposedly fits like other che headers (have to use a prybar to install it - DEFINITELY NOT PERFECT) and I have every right to sell it. So go rip somebody else off while I conduct honest transactions. I have over 200 positive transactions on MR2OC, I run a legitimate business, 100% positive on ebay. What are you, a 15 year old who has already lied to one person and dodged them...

We'll let spyderchat members decide who to trust and purchase items from. #brightidea :rant:

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Excuse me for butting in but if you guys would like a fair unbiased view of who I think is at fault here it is.

First let me say It will always be hard to confirm who said what and if everything is corroborated so I will base it what I see as there is some things that are obvious based, not denying the accusations.

Both of you are at fault.

[email protected] you did not inform in your sales post that this header had issues. I have installed three different Che headers and none of them had any issues and I know of many more from other owners that did not have these issues either. Regardless I think you received a bad che header that you were not informed of having issues however you are passing on your bad luck to someone else without disclosing the obvious problem and why you are selling it for a low price. You could have mentioned that the header is good but requires some fitment adjustment and therefore it's priced to sell. Your problem with the header is thinking all of them are like that based on some others experience is no excuse for not mentioning it. This makes you almost as bad as the guy you purchased from.

zdspence lack of communication is your fault and it has nothing to do with school or otherwise. When you sell something you are obligated to take a few minutes out of your day to respond to the purchaser. It is impossible for anyone not to respond and work out some kind of compromise or settlement for anything you sell as you are responsible for the way you have advertised the condition of the merchandise. Your failure to resolve the issue and your lack of communication makes you more at fault and not trustworthy for any future purchases by members here.

I hope this helps you both conduct trouble free business in the future.

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dev,

Did you see the part where I PMd the interested party with a disclosure of why I was selling it half price?

The only thing that I could agree that I'm guilty of is reposting this hastily. I would not want myself in with a dishonest seller.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Dev,

Did you see the part where I PMd the interested party with a disclosure of why I was selling it half price?

The only thing that I could agree that I'm guilty of is reposting this hastily. I would not want myself in with a dishonest seller.
Yes however you should publicly disclosed the issue and the reason for selling it. Disclosure is a fine line in what is assumed and not assumed.
It is assumed that all mods will have some level of fitment quirks or difficulty and any buyer should know this as a given.
What happened here is that you had genuine known fitment issues which you made a stink about with the previous seller which is significant. The potential buyers need not play a guessing game having to ask the right question to get full disclosure which I don't know if that was the case but still there is no reason to pull a bait and disappoint that is all to common with high pressure sales. It's not good business either way you look at it.
I would say be honest and upfront, priced to sell because of known issues that can be worked around and you won't have any future blow back.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I dont understand if the header was defective, why didnt someone notice Che. His customer service is great from what I hear.

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes however you should publicly disclosed the issue and the reason for selling it. Disclosure is a fine line in what is assumed and not assumed.
... The potential buyers need not play a guessing game having to ask the right question to get full disclosure which I don't know if that was the case ....
You certainly do know if this was the case, the buyer clearly posted asking if the bungs were good and no cracks. If I wanted to lie and hadn't just hastily reposted (and might I add did not delete the old FS thread that turned into a 3 page debate about Che header fitment issues with supporters and denyers, which I wanted out of, I just wanted to sell my stuff) I would have just said:

"NOPE" and taken his money.

Instead I PM'd him and told him I didn't like the way it fit, others seem to have no problem with it (or straight up lied to me - but when they cut off communication you have to assume the latter), so I was selling it for half price.

there is no reason to pull a bait and disappoint that is all to common with high pressure sales. It's not good business either way you look at it.
I would say be honest and upfront, priced to sell because of known issues that can be worked around and you won't have any future blow back.
I did not pull a bait and switch, I posted and item for sale and then warned any potential buyers of my review of the product before taking their money. I was honest and up front.

Just because you don't beleive I practice "good business" does not make it so.

I have been to your website and seen your plugs selling for $12 shipped, that anybody can go on ebay and buy for $1.81.

Yet I would never insult you by stating you are conducting high pressure sales to a captive audience. That would be disrepsectful. Right?

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
You certainly do know if this was the case, the buyer clearly posted asking if the bungs were good and no cracks. If I wanted to lie and hadn't just hastily reposted (and might I add did not delete the old FS thread that turned into a 3 page debate about Che header fitment issues with supporters and denyers, which I wanted out of, I just wanted to sell my stuff) I would have just said:

"NOPE" and taken his money.

Instead I PM'd him and told him I didn't like the way it fit, others seem to have no problem with it (or straight up lied to me - but when they cut off communication you have to assume the latter), so I was selling it for half price.

I did not pull a bait and switch, I posted and item for sale and then warned any potential buyers of my review of the product before taking their money. I was honest and up front.

Just because you don't beleive I practice "good business" does not make it so.

I have been to your website and seen your plugs selling for $12 shipped, that anybody can go on ebay and buy for $1.81.

Yet I would never insult you by stating you are conducting high pressure sales to a captive audience. That would be disrepsectful. Right?

I let you know what I think which is my opinion and you don't have to accepted it. It has nothing to do with me or my business yet you decided to attack it. This is what people do when they are not in the right, attack the other guy.

Can you point me to an EBay listing where they are selling plugs like mine for $1.81. You do realize I am selling a finished painted product that involves labor and material right. If there is an Ebay listing I would like to know so I can quit making what I do. I have been selling for over seven years and this is my smallest market. I would think I would have a drop off in sales if there was a cheap alternative.

·
Banned
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dev said:
there is no reason to pull a bait and disappoint that is all to common with high pressure sales. It's not good business either way you look at it.
I am simply pointing out that you certainly seem to know who I am from one thread - hardly much to base your "thoughts and opinions" on. Somebody who does is likely trying to prop themselves up by putting others down, aka "stirring the pot".

I'm sure your ebay search function works as well as mine.

Attacking your livelyhood raises those hairs doesn't it?

My car parts market through ATS is so small compared to my "real" market that its not even fair to call it a market. My monthly sales figures have to be between $2M-$3M to break even. Yet I impart the same business practices to all my endeavors.

But lumping me in with a *liar* who told me one thing, sold me another, then dodged me for 7 weeks, and inferring that I am disreputable, pulling "bait and switch" and attacking my business practices still gets a response no matter how small the market is.

I have no problem with the product you are selling (in fact I own your keyhole plugs - nice product), just remember there may be a business person on the other end of this computer that does business just as reputably as yourself, and could even have more experience than you, so you should choose your words more carefully, unless you have walked in their shoes. Thats all.

:wave:

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
I am simply pointing out that you certainly seem to know who I am from one thread - hardly much to base your "thoughts and opinions" on. Somebody who does is likely trying to prop themselves up by putting others down, aka "stirring the pot".

I'm sure your ebay search function works as well as mine.

Attacking your livelyhood raises those hairs doesn't it?

My car parts market through ATS is so small compared to my "real" market that its not even fair to call it a market. My monthly sales figures have to be between $2M-$3M to break even. Yet I impart the same business practices to all my endeavors.

But lumping me in with a *liar* who told me one thing, sold me another, then dodged me for 7 weeks, and inferring that I am disreputable, pulling "bait and switch" and attacking my business practices still gets a response no matter how small the market is.

I have no problem with the product you are selling (in fact I own your keyhole plugs - nice product), just remember there may be a business person on the other end of this computer that does business just as reputably as yourself, and could even have more experience than you, so you should choose your words more carefully, unless you have walked in their shoes. Thats all.

:wave:
Yes it does especially when it is unfounded and you still have not provided any proof of the claim. I did an Ebay search and did not find any listings.

I would really like to see the EBay listing as it's news for me and keep my self aware of any competitors. I did have a competitor in the past and I am wondering if he is back in business and lowered his prices dramatically.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.