MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a CHE H brace i am thinking about installing. origionally i thought this was an add on type brace. i didnt know it was a replacement for existing factory bracing. the stock bracing looks durable & stiff while CHE brace is aluminum & fairly thin. just currious if anyone running this part is happy with it??? also herd good things about corkys bracing, maby should have saved for a breast plate or MSMB. anyways heres some pics.....feedback appreciated

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
I'm pretty sure the stock steel round braces are stronger than the che brace. It looks like in your photos you already have a stock horizontal brace. I'd say there would be a marginal difference if any at all switching over.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I and a couple of others are running this brace in the UK.

It is worth it, makes the front feel lighter yet sharper ... Weird but true, considerimg the cost and the look you wouldn't believe it, but it is true.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Second that. I am running the Che lower H brace and felt a difference with it over the stock brace. I added the strut tower braces afterwards. Front first and then drove it some, then installed the rear. I could feel a little difference with the front strut brace over rough roads, but could not feel any difference at all when the rear was installed.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
I've had both the Che brace and a real brace (Tom's) and believe me...this thing FEELS like a rubber band compared to a real steel brace. Seriously....it felt like a spring. Save a little cash and get one from Corky.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
what you are neglecting to tell us is what year you have
Good point. I didn't even notice but his pics are of an '04-'05. It would be ENTIRELY counter-productive to remove the bracing you have, guy, unless you were stripping the car for weight.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff, thanks for the feedback but for now I guess I should just stick with what I got as the car is an 05. Also running tanabe fstb & Megan street coilovers 5k front 7k rear..

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
Guess no one read my post as i've already mentioned his stock braces are already triangulated even if they are not connected/welded together.

Any aftermarket braces made out of aluminum aren't worth shit if they are not engineered well. I've seen countless aluminum strut bars and braces where I could flex with my two arms. :lol:

You just gotta think, is this a company that sells "race" quality parts or are they just trying to make a buck (nothing wrong with this).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts