1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
This isn't the first time someone put Lexus badges on this car. I believe one of the owners rational was that he modded it with a few luxury features so he said it justifies the badges.
There was another guy that placed a Lotus badge on the front of his car and his rational was that he always wanted a lotus.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
I would be slightly offended if I were a Lexus Owner. This car is great, but its nowhere close to Lexus Quality and price. Should have went straight for a Porsche Badge, why stop on Lexus.
I don't know about that. We don't have the luxury but pound for pound our cars are worth more then a IS 250 and has the same level of quality. One other thing we have in common with most Lexus cars and that is our car is an actual import.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I just vomited. Twice. Btw the interior looks like a bomb went off in the car.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
I have never seen this car but I recognize the parking lot where the pictures were taken. It is about 3 miles from my home. The price for the car is not bad and it could easily be debadged. Seats need cleaned up in a bad way.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I saw that a few days ago. I was just too lazy to post it haha

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know about that. We don't have the luxury but pound for pound our cars are worth more then a IS 250 and has the same level of quality. One other thing we have in common with most Lexus cars and that is our car is an actual import.
Keep in mind that this owner is showing his car as a Lexus convertible so its fair to compare it with a convertible. Lexus did had a convertible. The 2002 Lexus SC 430. But the price tag and power is more than double.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2002&make=Lexus&model=SC 430&trimid=93880

His MR2 is nothing, When compared to a Lexus Convertible

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Lexus? I thought Cadillac made the spyder....damn.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Lexus badging, aftermarket wheels with curb rash, crappy looking tint, lowering springs, salvage title, blue HID's, painted front grille, worn driver seat and random urine stain on the passenger seat. No work under the hood, dirty engine bay.

It looks like an 18 year old got a hold of it, and had his way with it, before getting bored.

This car could be saved (except for the salvage title), but I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Maybe he thinks that his MR2 is built on the same chassis as the SC430 - and therefore this is like the Honda fan boys rebadging their Acura Integras into Hondas?:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.