MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the spark plugs and I see some dirt in the spark plugs holes. Does anybody know what I can use to clean the spark plug holes? Can I use a brake cleaner? Also, can I pour like an oil cleaner into the holes?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm replacing the spark plugs and I see some dirt in the spark plugs holes. Does anybody know what I can use to clean the spark plug holes? Can I use a brake cleaner? Also, can I pour like an oil cleaner into the holes?
Brake cleaner is ok.. It would be good, if you could use air compressor and air gun.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
If you are talking about the threaded part then I suggest using a tap coated with grease to clean the threads. If the depression around the sparkplug then compressed air does a pretty good job with or without cleaner.

If cleaning threads do be careful not to get anything in the cylinder, use enough grease to collect all dirt and clean after each hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.