MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lived in Strongsville for a short time in about '98, until I wised up and moved back to Michigan!:lol:
Just kidding! I really liked the Cleveland area. Also,the original owner of my Spyder bought it from Germain Toyota in Columbus.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Reviving an old thread to see if any of the old-timers, or new owners, are in the area.

I am in the Grand River area and my car is not a daily driver.

:)

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I know that at least two NE Ohio owners sold their Spyders and one has moved to FLA. I travel to Cleveland once or twice a year to go to a Browns game (I have no idea why) but I’d never take the Spyder.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
...I travel to Cleveland once or twice a year to go to a Browns game (I have no idea why)...
LOL, yep we have another back-to-back opportunity for a perfect season...

:mad-new:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just bought one in Maryland and brought it back to Cleveland.
I picked mine up in NJ since the ones listed locally were priced very high for their overall condition.

With that said, I have been working on fixing lots of small issues that mine has, but it is still better than anything I could find locally...

Take care,

Ken

·
Registered
52 Posts
I picked mine up in NJ since the ones listed locally were priced very high for their overall condition.

With that said, I have been working on fixing lots of small issues that mine has, but it is still better than anything I could find locally...

Take care,

Ken
I used Facebook marketplace and moved the dot around, MR2's a all over up and down the coast line. I've owned it for 2 months and have been asked "what car is that" 3 times, and I've noticed alot of people walking will stop and stare as i drive by with a confused look on their face. I'm still getting used to sitting so freaking low to the ground, it came with Tein springs already on it. it's fine when on an ope road but i480 afternoon rush hour is no picnic, I'm just glad it has a 4-1header and topspeed cat-back, at least they can hear me. Mine needs a new top badly, and there's a rattle somewhere, I think it's the CAT heat shield. but other than that it's mechanically sound and not a spot of rust which doubles it's value in Cleveland. I still need to figure out where to put a standard jack on the rear end, It has an AEM CAI and the filter is tucked down behind the rear tire, from the little bit I can see I think it needs a cleaning.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clevelander here! I just picked up mine a couple months ago for cheap and I am working on turning it into a race car for HPDE events next season. I too have had a lot of strange looks and people have called it a Porsche several times, and that was BEFORE I took all the badges off haha. I am half tempted to throw the Porsche shield on the nose LMAO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm in Vermilion which is 20 minutes East of Cedar Point, right on the lake. I host two RX-7/8 meets per year at my place which includes a bbq, range time, repairs, car talk, a cruise, pictures, etc. I will most definitely open the invitation up to any MR2 owner to join the meets. We have an awesome time every year. Usually in June and September.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm in Vermilion which is 20 minutes East of Cedar Point, right on the lake. I host two RX-7/8 meets per year at my place which includes a bbq, range time, repairs, car talk, a cruise, pictures, etc. I will most definitely open the invitation up to any MR2 owner to join the meets. We have an awesome time every year. Usually in June and September.
Might have to take you up on that in the future if the offer is still available.

We just had a meet and greet in Hudson and it was good to meet other enthusiasts.

:scrock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts